Iowa State has waved the white flag, we've conceded.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
All signs point to basically putting this season behind us with just a few games to play. Talk about the possibility of putting Nick Wieler Babb and Solomon Young on the shelf for the rest of the season and announcing that Hans Brase is done basically squashes any likelyhood of Iowa State accepting a bid to one of the consolation postseason tournaments; the CIT or CBI. And let's be honest, that may even be a stretch if they were to continue to lose.

My question is, how bad is Hans Brase's injury? The fact that he is a grad-transfer if must be pretty severe. I heard it may be the same knee he's had double ACL tears in. Is that true?

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
All signs point to basically putting this season behind us with just a few games to play. Talk about the possibility of putting Nick Wieler Babb and Solomon Young on the shelf for the rest of the season and announcing that Hans Brase is done basically squashes any likelyhood of Iowa State accepting a bid to one of the consolation postseason tournaments; the CIT or CBI. And let's be honest, that may even be a stretch if they were to continue to lose.

My question is, how bad is Hans Brase's injury? The fact that he is a grad-transfer if must be pretty severe. I heard it may be the same knee he's had double ACL tears in. Is that true?
With Babb and Young potentially out we only have 8 scholarship players left (2 players over 6'7). I still don't get why we don't have any walk-ons.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
There is really nothing left on the table that is worth delaying treatment for Solomon or Nick, and I certainly would prefer that the healing process start in both cases as early as possible. Good to hear about Hans, I feel for the guy as completely healthy I'm convinced he would have been a great piece to our rotation.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I think it’s kind of ******** the way you phrased this.

These guys and the coaches have fought through this stuff as much as possible. They deserve our support.

Just being brutally honest. I am supportive, but the bold, hard possibilities are hard to hide from. I look at it this way, at least now I can relax and watch upsets during March Madness and not have to worry about Iowa State losing. On to next season, we will be good!!!

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I expect them to want to win in front of home crowds, try to get the elusive road win and of course big 12 tourney with a chance to play in March is motivation enough. We could lose out but I still think they have plenty to play for.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think it's in poor taste to speculate on who might transfer or leave the program. That stuff will sort itself out after the season. I don't know if the players read any of this stuff (my guess is that some of them probably do), but they don't need fans nudging them towards the door midseason.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm firmly entrenched midway between holding too much hope for postseason and mailing it in. If Nick and Solo's injuries are severe enough to warrant pulling them for the duration, to the benefit of long-term outlook, so be it. (And I don't have the info to make that determination).

Good to hear Brase is good enough to suit-up for next game. As WIB said, not going to be a difference-maker, but happy for him if he's available to play. I feel bad for him, his injury trouble never went away. That was the question-mark coming into this season, would he be able to stay active enough for max contribution.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's been a brutal year all around. With the health situation I don't think we should accept a bid to a postseason tourney. Flush this season and move on. I am incredibly excited about next season.

Help Support Us

Become a patron