Iowa State FOCO Gaiter

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Has anybody bought one of the gaiters from the link below? If so, are they multi or single layered?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Either way, it’s better than nothing.

I assume that’s your goal, rather than selecting an actual mask. Even 20% doesn’t really approach the 70% or better of a mask.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Either way, it’s better than nothing.

I assume that’s your goal, rather than selecting an actual mask. Even 20% doesn’t really approach the 70% or better of a mask.

New rule at work requires face covering to be multi-layered. It is a rule that is nearly impossible, to be enforced, but one that will follow regardless. I like rocking ISU gear whenever I can, but my current ISU gaiter is single layer.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
New rule at work requires face covering to be multi-layered. It is a rule that is nearly impossible, to be enforced, but one that will follow regardless. I like rocking ISU gear whenever I can, but my current ISU gaiter is single layer.

I would assume its single layer like most gaiters.

Reactions: cyfanbr

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Definitely looks like a nice gaiter, but it's effectiveness really depends on if it's multiple layers and it's thickness too.

There's been some conflicting studies on the effectiveness of gaiters. Many of them are one layer and very thin material, and some studies have shown these to not only be ineffective, but actually worse than wearing nothing at all.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Definitely looks like a nice gaiter, but it's effectiveness really depends on if it's multiple layers and it's thickness too.

There's been some conflicting studies on the effectiveness of gaiters. Many of them are one layer and very thin material, and some studies have shown these to not only be ineffective, but actually worse than wearing nothing at all.

Yea, I’ve seen some of the studies. At first work gave gaiters to everyone, but they were single layered. Couple weeks ago, they changed the requirement that any face covering needs to be multi-layered. Next week they will be giving us multi-layered gaiters, but I rather rock the ISU logo instead of the company logo lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron