Iowa State Baseball

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
If your mechanics are anything like the kid in the picture then you should be alright... I would like to see him over that plant leg a little more though!

And it doesn't look like his right arm cleared his body on the rotation, and it looks like his arms a little too far ahead of the torso on the follow-through. Of course it's just one pitch. And maybe it's during warm ups. I'm not claiming to be an expert at pitching; I only know the basics. Enough to teach 9 and 10 year olds how to pitch. Had I known it was a player I wouldn't have made the comment. I'm not trying to be rude, but I honestly thought it was coach pitching batting practice or something.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Considering it's a club team they're lucky ISU even let them use an ISU logo. Trademark jerks being what they are or at least were.

They did? Funny - I don't see the logo anywhere on the uniform. I do know that they let the hockey team use the official logo, but I figure that's probably more because they're a good reflection on the university...

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
Well if the club team doesn't quit getting kids from Nebraska....oh wait, wrong thread.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
the picture is just a bad picture, he's not 60, come try and hit off him, bet ya he strikes ya out 9 out of 10 times, the one time you didnt strike out is when he ear holed you for being dumb

clonefan65, come pitch for the club team since you have such great mechanics and since you can critique his mechanics from a bad picture

Are you his mom? I'm guessing if he was the second coming of Cy Young as you suggest he'd be playing on scholarship somewhere, not for the ISU club team.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Considering it's a club team they're lucky ISU even let them use an ISU logo. Trademark jerks being what they are or at least were.

I think a couple years ago they asked the athletic dept to use the logo and were turned down. Also, I was only able to stay a couple minutes but I didn't see Ross there. He may have been in the dugout but no one in there looked like him.

Mavricks99

Feb 1, 2008
And it doesn't look like his right arm cleared his body on the rotation, and it looks like his arms a little too far ahead of the torso on the follow-through. Of course it's just one pitch. And maybe it's during warm ups. I'm not claiming to be an expert at pitching; I only know the basics. Enough to teach 9 and 10 year olds how to pitch. Had I known it was a player I wouldn't have made the comment. I'm not trying to be rude, but I honestly thought it was coach pitching batting practice or something.

are you saying he's throwing with his right by " right arm didnt clear his body?"

Last edited:

Mavricks99

Feb 1, 2008
They did? Funny - I don't see the logo anywhere on the uniform. I do know that they let the hockey team use the official logo, but I figure that's probably more because they're a good reflection on the university...

are you saying that the baseball team isn't a good reflection of the university, wasn't clear bout that sorry

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
are you saying that the baseball team isn't a good reflection of the university, wasn't clear bout that sorry
Do yourself a favor: quit posting before you make a bigger idiot of yourself. Never once did anyone say it isn't a good reflection. Someone simply said it was equivalent to a 2A/3A team, which is completely legit.

Last edited: