Iowa State at Texas game thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Doesn't matter. If we don't finish well, we won't make the tourney. We go to KU this week. Stupid loss to OU. We'll see what happens. That loss to IL really hurt.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Eckerman seems to get up for ISU. That string of serves killed us, otherwise we could have gone to five sets.

it be nice to steal a win at KU, but the little shed they built by that big barn down there gives them a definite home court advantage. It will be hard.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
I watched the post-game interview; CJL seemed very encouraged by our play, said we played the best all year and looked like a top team, so that's good to hear. Kansas will be tough, they have a nice top 20 team; I'm not expecting to win that one but I think we have a good shot to win the rest after that.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I watched the post-game interview; CJL seemed very encouraged by our play, said we played the best all year and looked like a top team, so that's good to hear. Kansas will be tough, they have a nice top 20 team; I'm not expecting to win that one but I think we have a good shot to win the rest after that.

Ironically, what seems to be missing to me is the teams ability to win long rallies that are out of system that have been a trademark of this program.

CJL may ben enouraged, but we need to add a S&C coach to this team. While I get body types, yada yada,, many of the players look winded on long sequences and slow to react, and honestly a little flabby.

We have good pin terminators that also have good size/height, good serving, improved blocking, the best liberor, good "system" passing, what is missing???

I think it is the athleticism that has enable this team to win the long rallies in the past. I don't think ISU won one long rally in that match.