coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm going to pretend anyone who thinks we would have won ULL with 15k people in the stands is joking. That cannot possibly be a serious take. Like ULL would not have been able to operate with the thunderous cheering of 15,000 people. Like somehow our punt coverage team would have been thrusted into competency with some fans there. Like Purdy would have been more accurate with the support of 15,000 people.

I'll settle for 14989 people in the stands if we can put an additional 11 on the field during kickoffs and punts.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Looking at the seating chart, why are students required to be so much more spaced out than everyone else?

Never know what **** might happen in the student section.

iowa-state-fans-dressed-as-teletubbies.gif

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Don’t cave this **** bro. First warning.

Look at you guys, moderating each other. My babies are all growing up. <3

As far as what is different about this - it's not the same week that Ames was in all of the national media for being the #1 hotspot in the country, and the local school district didn't just have to close down hybrid learning two days before due to the infection spike due to said university's decisions.

JP complaining about people on staff having to potentially take salary cuts at the same time ISU's decisions caused thousands of Ames families with elementary kids to either find costly daycare or take time off unpaid to help their children remote was a terrible optic. Especially since he doesn't (last I heard) even have his kids in the Ames district that his decisions were affecting.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Click on your name in the upper right corner, then "my profile." Then under quick links choose "manage my tickets" and click on the event in the calendar. It showed my section and row but not the specific seats.

No idea if that will change before next week so I'd keep checking in.
Checked that way and my seats are in there. We basically moved back one row from my normal seats. I cross checked it with the seating map and it lines up. I'm happy with that!

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I'm going to pretend anyone who thinks we would have won ULL with 15k people in the stands is joking. That cannot possibly be a serious take. Like ULL would not have been able to operate with the thunderous cheering of 15,000 people. Like somehow our punt coverage team would have been thrusted into competency with some fans there. Like Purdy would have been more accurate with the support of 15,000 people.

It is consistent with all of their other stupid takes.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
My Section/Row shows up in My Profile too. We got moved back 6 rows, but are in the same section.

It looks like the band is going to be in sections 14, 15 and 16.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I feel for JP so much. Wouldn't you know the day he announces this.... Iowa sees 1,341 cases today.

He can't catch a break at all.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
:: Puts the blood pressure medicine away ::

I've been supportive of JP, but I will say it looks like the ULL decision was a bit knee-jerky and retributive.

He was probably a little (ok a lot) cranky after having pulled an all-nighter to reseat the entire stadium and have that yanked away. And knowing that it was going to mean he probably has to end up firing some of his employees. He had every right to be mad.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m in the same section, one row up, and 10 seats away.