Iowa State and Overtime

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that once the game goes into overtime (both football and basketball), we are going to lose?

Football - We have had so many OT heartbreakers is sad. Mac finally got the 2006 Toledo game to go our way but I believe that is our only OT win. I can count at least 5 OT losses that have just KILLED us including the 2 games for the North title.

Basketball - I would guess that our OT record is very bad. We have lost both of ours this year. We lost to #6 KU last year in OT. We lost a 4 OT'er in LE's days...

It would be nice if we had a signature OT win. Or even a few more OT wins in general. While we had a chance last night to win in both overtimes, I never thought we would.

cyclone14

Jan 2, 2007
we did win the one in OT at Texas a couple years ago to break the conference road losing streak

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
As soon as Jiri fouled that guy to put him on the line with the chance to tie last night... as a Cyclone fan, you just had to know that was game over.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
The fact that last night's game even got to overtime was enough for me to turn it off. There was no doubt in my mind who was going to win after the last few seconds of regulation.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
The problem with ISU and overtime is that usually it's the other team that has made the comeback to draw even with us, so they have all the momentum going into OT. The fact that ISU has usually blown a lead to send the game into OT doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in us as fans.