JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Nov 9, 2019; Norman, OK, USA; Iowa State Cyclones tight end Dylan Soehner (89) celebrates with wide receiver Sean Shaw Jr. (2) after scoring a touchdown during the second quarter against the Oklahoma Sooners at Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

Iowa State does not yet know when its conference home opener against No. 3 Oklahoma will kickoff, but it is guaranteed to be one of the nation’s biggest and most highly publicized games on the Oct. 3 slate.

The Big 12 announced on Monday the game will be a flex contest with the two options being 11 a.m. on Fox or 6:30 p.m. on ABC, meaning it will be the marquee game on one of the national networks.

If the game is on Fox, it will be the Big Noon Saturday game, which is traditionally called by Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt, immediately following the network’s morning college football show Big Noon Kickoff. On ABC, the game would be Saturday Night Football with Chris Fowler...

Continue reading...

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Do we know which was has top choice? I would assume if we win, we’ll get that slot.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Even if the game gets the primetime on ABC, I don't think it's a guarantee it gets Fowler/Herbstreit. Auburn @ Georgia is at same time on ESPN. I expect College Gameday to broadcast from Georgia. ABC/ESPN could have them do the ESPN telecast and not ABC.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Even if the game gets the primetime on ABC, I don't think it's a guarantee it gets Fowler/Herbstreit. Auburn @ Georgia is at same time on ESPN. I expect College Gameday to broadcast from Georgia. ABC/ESPN could have them do the ESPN telecast and not ABC.
While Gameday is not tied to the ABC game, Fowler/Herbstreit are.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yay!!! Either time slot would be great. I guess I would prefer the later ABC slot of the two.

Both equal more national exposure.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
While Gameday is not tied to the ABC game, Fowler/Herbstreit are.

There have been times where Fowler/Herbstreit did a noon game (perhaps it was on ABC) and not the Saturday night telecast. I could also have sworn there were times where they did the ESPN broadcast as opposed to the ABC broadcast. Being that it is all one big happy Disney family, I can't believe that the contract stipulates those two are tied to the ABC Saturday Night broadcast. It just works out that way more often than not as the Saturday Night telecast on ABC is usually the preferred slot.

Help Support Us

Become a patron