Iowa State -3 at TCU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The ATS numbers for teams playing their first game against teams who have already played is quite bad. I'll lay the 3 points for ISU, but I won't be surprised to see it closer to a pick by kickoff

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
I clicked on that earlier but couldn't read it because I don't have a subscription to the site.

Patterson said he wasn't medically cleared to play last week and the timeline is unclear. I haven't seen any reports that have said he's cleared. I don't think he'll be playing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Makes sense. We are the more talented team and have a game under our belt

I'm glad you love ISU but there is nothing that makes this even remotely true. 2016 - 2020 recruiting classes TCU was ranked 3rd EVERY year for the Big 12. You want to know where ISU was in that timeframe? I'll start with 2016: 8, 7, 7, 6, 6. BTW, stars matter. This has been proven over and over again. With good coaching, strength training and attention to detail can overcome some things but better talent usually wins out.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The good news is we know what our weaknesses are at this point. The bad news is so does TCU.

Until we can we can make the other team pay for it, expect to see man coverage on our receivers and an extra man in the box to stop our run game.

Hopefully, we can identify TCU's weaknesses early and exploit them. I think coaching is going to be a really big factor in this game.
1. I don't think all officiating crews are going to let that much contact happen on multiple plays as they did last game.
2. I think Kolar can win those 1 on 1 battles and really make them pay.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Sorry, but nothing is ever easy with ISU. I no longer even attempt to bet the Clones.
ULL +11 and the under was pretty easy last weekend. ISU football has been very profitable for me. Basketball on the other hand.....

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I took ULL and the points in game 1, I'm taking ISU here. We already have the "warm up game" under our belt and TCU QB situation could be pretty sketchy. I can only assume (and hope) our coaching staff will have the team firing on all cylinders after the embarrassment on national TV.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was not shocked with this line and could see Iowa State winning fairly easily. TCU not playing yet is a pretty big disadvantage IMO. One thing that has been consistent under CMC is that he gets things fixed. I would ne shocked to see Purdy play that poorly two games in a

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Duggan had heart surgery less than 3 months ago. He is probably NOT playing all season, and anything you hear otherwise is likely gamesmanship.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Very well could be the case he is practicing but can't play because he isn't being hit in practice. I don't think they stand a chance without him. Their defense will likely be better than it was last year against ISU but I don't know who the heck they are going to throw out there if he is out. Although, backups have killed ISU in the past as we know to well.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Got in at ISU -4. I could see this getting up to 5.5.
Duggan won’t be playing and their starter(ex Georgia Walk on) missed 10 days not too long ago. 24-13.

Reactions: aauummm

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Got in at ISU -4. I could see this getting up to 5.5.
Duggan won’t be playing and their starter(ex Georgia Walk on) missed 10 days not too long ago. 24-13.

Really? I've heard completely different things about Duggan.. Playing and then not cleared to play..

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Man, we're favored on their field after the s***show we put together? I get that TCU is untested and unknown at this point, but damn.

It's a weird season and the longer these teams go without playing a game they bigger disadvantage they have IMO. Iowa State has the opportunity to pull some levers and get things corrected where TCU hasn't had the chance to shake the rust off yet.

Watch as the SEC gets things going, there will be very few teams that are going to look sharp. All of these B1G arm chair QB fans are going ot get a taste of it when they finally get to play in late October.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi