Iowa State 2020 Schedule Change

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
Who does Iowa State add for their open date on Sept 12th?

Auburn, Brigham Young, Houston, Memphis, Virginia Tech, Ball State, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Colorado State, Fresno State and New Mexico.

They all have an opening on their schedule.

Personally I'd like to see CSU, New Mexico or BYU. Auburn or VT would be cool too.

Or do they just stay at 11 games?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Big 12 will go to conference only, just like the rest of them, so don't bother.

And that's probably the best case scenario as far as football happening at all this fall, which still seems unlikely.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Auburn, Brigham Young, Houston, Memphis, Virginia Tech, Ball State, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Colorado State, Fresno State and New Mexico.

Personally I'd like to see CSU, New Mexico or BYU. Auburn or VT would be cool too.

If its Houston I'll pick you up on the way down.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

With 50% capacity limits we could go to Blacksburg and get a future home date when we can skip a year playing Iowa. Think that's like 2025 or 6. Not really sure though.

Probably best to schedule a W.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I would agree the question is mute at this point about ISU replacing Iowa on our schedule.

If you look at this from a player & fan safety perspective, the ISU and UNI games are the safest games on the Hawks schedule from a Covid spread perspective.

I will be curious if coaches don't approach some games as same day travel, especially for afternoon/evening games.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Meanwhile, in Des Moines...

tenor.gif

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If teams end up playing only like 10 games and there are no bowl games, I could see Iowa and ISU lining up a PPV game (OU does it every year so I know it is possible) after both teams have completed their schedules. The Big 10 wouldn’t have any issue with that I don’t think since Iowa wouldn’t be interacting with their conference teams anymore. There is too much money in something like that for the ADs to pass up.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If teams end up playing only like 10 games and there are no bowl games, I could see Iowa and ISU lining up a PPV game (OU does it every year so I know it is possible) after both teams have completed their schedules. The Big 10 wouldn’t have any issue with that I don’t think since Iowa wouldn’t be interacting with their conference teams anymore. There is too much money in something like that for the ADs to pass up.
What the heck is this? OU does it? With who?

Help Support Us

Become a patron