Iowa St. vs Baylor GA tickets $65/pair

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Wow. Reselling the $15 tickets for that. Scummy.

boo-this-man.gif

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Not going to lie...I debated doing this exact same thing, but I didn't want to go through the work of selling. Its a hot ticket, and I'd be willing to bet he will get what he is asking.

This is no different then anyone who bought $99 season tickets selling this game for $30/ticket...if anything its worse.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is no different then anyone who bought $99 season tickets selling this game for $30/ticket...if anything its worse.

Eh, its not the price he's charging that's the **** move just by itself. If you bought a season ticket, can't go, and want to maximize what you get, fine. But the AD sold these tickets so that people who were kept out of the game could get in. This guy bought them (taking that opportunity away from someone else) with no intention of using them, just to resell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LindenCy

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not going to lie...I debated doing this exact same thing, but I didn't want to go through the work of selling. Its a hot ticket, and I'd be willing to bet he will get what he is asking.

I like this a lot less, since this was kind of a "special opportunity" to fill those seats cheaply. This seems more blatant, even though it's very similar.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Meh, just sign up the OP for all sorts of spam email crap.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
He is making 30 dollars off of his effort. When all is said and done he will probably have made about $10 per hour of work this took. It's kind of weird how vocal this board is when it comes to performance but then it has to have the cheapest people.

We have no problem asking wealthy donors to fork over millions of their dollars to build stadium seats but lets harp on some guy who contributed to the athletic department and for whatever reason doesn't want to go and is looking to turn a small profit for the benefit of someone who really wants to go but can't find tickets.

Lighten up fellas.

Reactions: azepp

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
He is making 30 dollars off of his effort. When all is said and done he will probably have made about $10 per hour of work this took. It's kind of weird how vocal this board is when it comes to performance but then it has to have the cheapest people.

We have no problem asking wealthy donors to fork over millions of their dollars to build stadium seats but lets harp on some guy who contributed to the athletic department and for whatever reason doesn't want to go and is looking to turn a small profit for the benefit of someone who really wants to go but can't find tickets.

Lighten up fellas.

Except that's not the case at all. I have no problem with people maximizing what they can get off of season tickets they can't use or games they suddenly can't make. These were tickets that were available for 24 hours just yesterday so there is no 'i just cant make this game', he just bought them with the single purpose of reselling.

There is no 'benefit of someone who really wants to go but cant find tickets' because that is why the AD sold these tickets yesterday, not so some guy could buy them and turn around and mark up the price.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Except that's not the case at all. I have no problem with people maximizing what they can get off of season tickets they can't use or games they suddenly can't make. These were tickets that were available for 24 hours just yesterday so there is no 'i just cant make this game', he just bought them with the single purpose of reselling.

There is no 'benefit of someone who really wants to go but cant find tickets' because that is why the AD sold these tickets yesterday, not so some guy could buy them and turn around and mark up the price.

It is every bit the case here. I realize he bought them with the intent of reselling them. Back to my original point, there is nothing sleazy about that. Someone who normally wouldn't have a chance to go to the game now will have a chance because of what this guy did. He offered a service, should he have done it for free?

A truly honest question, what point is there to ******** about it? Did you know Hy Vee paid less for the corn-flakes you ate this morning then resold them to you at a higher price?