Iowa Microsoft Lawsuit Checks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I didn't apply for mine on general principle.

Same here. And while some of the unclaimed money goes back to the government, it goes back for a good cause.

Half of any unclaimed cash will be donated to Iowa schools in the form of vouchers that can be used to purchase new computer equipment

Microsoft to pay $179 million in Iowa antitrust settlement

Gotta love these stupid class-action lawsuits. This one netted private "ambulance chasers" $75 million in legal fees. :no:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I shoulda growed up to be a lawyer. ISU would have a bowled in stadium (both levels), new practice facilities and locker rooms for all sports except FB, renovated Hilton and an invisible proximity fence keeping all KSU and Hawk fans out of Ames.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Same here. And while some of the unclaimed money goes back to the government, it goes back for a good cause.

Microsoft to pay $179 million in Iowa antitrust settlement

Gotta love these stupid class-action lawsuits. This one netted private "ambulance chasers" $75 million in legal fees. :no:
Exactly.......the only thing class action lawsuits do is line the pockets of lawyers. I suppose I could have applied for the settlement, then sent a check to Bill Gates, but oh well.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I have no problem taking money on this. I don't have anything against Microsoft (except the Office 2007 format), but I did buy 2 products during the time period, so might as well apply for it.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I have no problem taking money on this.

I don't have a problem taking money from Microsoft. I figure that since 1994, when my company started heavily progamming with VB and VBA, we've lost $$$ programming around and many of hours of productivity working around bugs in the MS software that we use.

I remember that when we switched from Office 95 to Office 97, just about every VBA module we had (and we have lots of them) broke because of bugs or undocumented changes in the Office 97 COM objects. Fun times those were...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Good luck getting that much. I think I had $300 on it and got $45. But its free money to me, so I can't complain.

I thought it was set in stone how much you were getting, or is this another case of only the lawyers making $$?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
It says "Your cash payment was calculated according to the terms of the Settlement Agreement" and gives a number to call with questions.

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
I submitted mine last year sometime for $90 and got a check for $125 about a month or so ago. Not sure why i got more but it spent just fine.