Iowa Loses to Augustana

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa played their best game and still lost. They may be able to compete in the B10 but would be maybe fifth in the B12 unless they played against teams with hurt or ineligible players( MSU, ISU)

Not really Iowa's best game. I'd put the performances against Purdue, Marquette, Michigan state, and Wichita state ahead of the isu game.

Really though, I'll be 100% honest here, I did not expect this level of play out of Iowa this year. Winning the games they have, and the close calls they've had, I'm extremely surprised. It's taken the sting off the end of the football season.

Hopefully next year's football season doesn't end the way this one did, because I don't think basketball will be the saving grace.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not really Iowa's best game. I'd put the performances against Purdue, Marquette, Michigan state, and Wichita state ahead of the isu game.

Really though, I'll be 100% honest here, I did not expect this level of play out of Iowa this year. Winning the games they have, and the close calls they've had, I'm extremely surprised. It's taken the sting off the end of the football season.

Hopefully next year's football season doesn't end the way this one did, because I don't think basketball will be the saving grace.

With everything we have coming back and a probable top-10 preseason ranking, we'll likely contend for the CFP again next year, so if we get in, it'll be another very tough bowl matchup.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
With everything we have coming back and a probable top-10 preseason ranking, we'll likely contend for the CFP again next year, so if we get in, it'll be another very tough bowl matchup.

1278852_f520.jpg

CyFan03

Jun 5, 2010
Ames

Dude, it's iowa. Now that they have actual expectations, they will lose at least 3 regular season games next year. And the Fire Ferentz posts will be back to normal.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
What's more likely....iowa losing to Nebby or Rutgers? Because we know they will lose one of these games, besides losing to Mich St, Mich, and Purdue in this next stretch. Enjoy 19th for the next 10 days.

Fran is one of the most mediocre coaches I've seen in a long time, and I hope he's there for years and years!

I'd like to share your optimism but holy crap the Big 10 is just so freaking bad. So bad.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Anyone going tonight? Would really like to get my hands on one of these before he goes to the NBA

CX-uwRMUMAAM_mR.jpg:large

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Anyone going tonight? Would really like to get my hands on one of these before he goes to the NBA

I'd assume the place will be packed and jacked for this kind of epic rivalry game. These are two schools that just don't like each other.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa State players who have just as many or more blocks than 7'1" Adam Woodbury:

Simeon Carter
Hallice Cooke
Matt Thomas
Naz Mitrou-Long
Abdel Nader
Georges Niang
Monte Morris
Jameel McKay

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I'm going to have to find one of these online somewhere, because I never want to forget the Woodbury years.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Iowa State players who have just as many or more blocks than 7'1" Adam Woodbury:

Simeon Carter
Hallice Cooke
Matt Thomas
Naz Mitrou-Long
Abdel Nader
Georges Niang
Monte Morris
Jameel McKay

Dang, he averages .25 blocks/40 min.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Disclaimer: T-Rex arms not to scale.

Would have been amazing if it was a "Shhh" bobblehead.
I'm sure one of our resident Photoshop gurus can turn that picture into a "shhh" bobblehead. *hint hint*

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
According to Twitter there is nobody at the game tonight. Not near a TV can anyone confirm?

Do you realize how hard it would be to move your house half way across the country twice in two weeks? I don't blame them for taking their time coming back.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think Nebby missed about 200 shots in a row to end the half.

Mostly watching LSU vs. Kentucky. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron