Iowa game at Kinnick under the lights?

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Well that's, like, your opinion, man.

I've been to Ames for a CyHawk game and I would rank it near the bottom of the several hundred tailgating experiences that I've had in my life.

This is a little bit like arguing about women. Some like fat girls, some skinny, some white, some dark-skinned...some even like dudes (NTTAWWT).

Everyone has their own opinion, and yours has been duly noted.

Okay, we agree, you like fat girls (or dudes).

hawxrox09

Sep 2, 2010
90% of my friends that are hawk fans tell me each year how much better tailgating is in ames than it is in Iowa City. I've taken several of them to ames with me for other games than the Iowa one just because of the tailgating. And they are 100% hawk fans. Iowa State tailgating is far better, and Its not even close honestly.

It's my favorite recurring topic on here because this is one ISU fans seem to actually believe.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
I have several friends and family members who are die hard Nebraska fans who have now experienced tailgating in both Ames and Iowa City and they all say Ames hands down is a better tailgating experience.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
CFB is always the innovator. You see the NFL moving more and more toward spread principals every year. They're probably never going to go full on spread just because it's too easy to get the QB hurt and the dropoff between starter and second string is bigger in the NFL than it usually is in college. But if you think that the entire NFL is running Iowa's offense, you don't pay much attention to the NFL.

What you would see is QBs getting destroyed. When I see New England or Pittsburgh or Green Bay running a spread offense we can talk.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
CFB is always the innovator. You see the NFL moving more and more toward spread principals every year. They're probably never going to go full on spread just because it's too easy to get the QB hurt and the dropoff between starter and second string is bigger in the NFL than it usually is in college. But if you think that the entire NFL is running Iowa's offense, you don't pay much attention to the NFL.

What you would see is QBs getting destroyed. When I see New England or Pittsburgh or Green Bay running a spread offense we can talk.

• Dislike
Reactions: FDclone

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
You must not either if you think the NFL is going towards the spread offense

ViktorLuzor

May 1, 2016
New Ames, Iowaland
Random thing I've noticed when speaking of this particular Cyclone game that is to be played in Kinnick: I have noticed that very few people realize that neither ISU or Iowa has won in their home stadium since The great 2011 thriller. When I mention this fact in conversations with Cyclones and Hawkfans, most people (both hawk and clone) had no idea of that funny little trend. But whatever. That will probably be the meme of the game this year just like the "How many quarters has it been since the Cyclones scored a TD?" was the annoying meme 5 years ago.

And can anyone tell me if there was ever a first year cyclone coach before Chiz who beat the hawks their first year?

ViktorLuzor

May 1, 2016
New Ames, Iowaland
There have been four coaches not named Chizik who have done that: Bert German (1894), Glenn "Pop" Warner (1895), Clyde Williams (1907), and Charles W. Mayser (1915).

Oof. So, like, you're basically saying that not too many men hold that honor? At least , not since World War I.

I appreciate the info! Thanks!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron