Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone remember the ISU fans were hurling epithets? Our black players being arrested? Anyone here think we're the model for racial diversity at ISU? What happens if black student or past student athletes let THEIR personal experiences be known while at ISU and they weren't all great?

This is a national racial inequality / injustice issue not a football rivalry issue. Again - nothing I know of has immunized Ames other than nobody has unearthed our hidden secrets yet.
This is a 100% accurate statement. Although the real hope is that the coaching staff is setting the right precedent for the fans (see the movie Remember the Titans), but in this case the football staff is only fueling the inequities.

Reactions: CapnCy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Sounds to me like a guy who pushes his players to the point they get rhabdo is a bully. If I remember correctly that workout was punitive. I would bet race isn't the only thing he uses to belittle the players. Probably uses homophobic and all other manner of offensive language as well. This is the "old school" mentality of coaching. There were similar coaches in my hometown school.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think it would be interesting to hear what white players define the "iowa way" is versus what black players would.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
How does Ferentz ever look any parent in the face again and say your son will be taken care of at Iowa?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
How does Ferentz ever look any parent in the face again and say your son will be taken care of at Iowa?

Yeah, even if they save kirk's job here, it will be a recruiting anchor for years to come. They may be better off making an immediate move on Kirk, not that i think they will

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, even if they save kirk's job here, it will be a recruiting anchor for years to come. They may be better off making an immediate move on Kirk, not that i think they will

It would have to come from the presidential level. It would be pretty hypocritical for Barta to make that call, and I doubt Barta even wants to do it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Honestly, it doesn't. I've been really disappointed with the people of Iowa through all of this (basically all of 2020).
I have witnessed more racism than most on this board and the term “Iowa Nice” has enraged me for well over a decade. Granted, I’m guessing it’s better than most states, but I’m not in most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron