Iowa Football, the tradition continues...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
KCJJ Radio (1630 AM) is reporting that Iowa QB Arvell Nelson and Iowa WR James Cleveland were arrested for yesterday for drug possession. The Iowa program is a joke -- and instead of cleaning house they recently extended it for another year!

Link: Ustream.tv - KCJJ RAW

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Wow, what are these guys thinking?? Sounds like it's marijuana for one and pills for the other. The pills would be a felony.

Do they have anyone there that can play that doesn't have some kind of record besides the vinyl kind one can scratch on a turntable??

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
OOOOHHHHH, the wheels on the bus are falling off, falling off, falling off
The wheels on the bus are falling off, all through the town.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Luckily Ferentz just got that one year extension. He is truly the right man for Iowa and the guy that can keep on leading this team. Their address, is that the low rent housing?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I'm sure people will jump on this thread pointing out the "glass house" theory, but with the way Iowa is heading, it won't even come close anymore.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I once had a hawk fan tell me Arvell Nelson will start ahead of Jake Christensen. He said he was better than Seneca! Yeah right, and now, it doesn't even look like he will be playing football.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Barta, has to be thinking "WTF! What the hell is going on!" Either that or Kirk and Barta will go to the ped mall pick up an eighth and a bottle and say F' it you cant beat them join'em!

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Anyone think it's a coincidence that they run the "jailbreak screen" all the time?

The judge should take that into consideration when setting bail.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Anyone know what that brings the total to?

That is really a shame. Hopefully national media doesn't get a hold of this. Could be bad for the whole state.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Wow, what are these guys thinking?? Sounds like it's marijuana for one and pills for the other. The pills would be a felony.

Do they have anyone there that can play that doesn't have some kind of record besides the vinyl kind one can scratch on a turntable??

PULEEZE isucyfan... Any Thinking Cyclone Fan Knows ....That Iowa Coaches, Fans and above all PLAYERS....."DON'T THINK"!!!!:yes:

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I once had a hawk fan tell me Arvell Nelson will start ahead of Jake Christensen. He said he was better than Seneca! Yeah right, and now, it doesn't even look like he will be playing football.

Iowa hasn't had a QB better than Seneca in their history.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I think that marijuana and pills, if they are illegal would warrant dismissal from the team.

I would hope Chizik would do the same if it was one of our guys.

The pills are illegal since they resulted in one felony and two serious misdemeanor charges. But Anthony Bowman has been welcomed back with open arms, so who knows. Ferentz has completely lost control of the program anyway, so what difference does it make?

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I hate EIU as much as anyone, but this is really sad.

It is obvious that these young kids have no leadership, goals, or direction.

Like it or not, it's becoming a blemish on the whole state...

None of our guys are getting in trouble. How could it be seen as a blemish on the whole state?

UNI took some questionable players with some troubled histories, but there's no way this reflects on us.

If anything, it helps us with in-state kids and who their parents want to send them to play for. It would be a pretty easy decision for me if I was a parent. I'd send him to the school where he was least likely to be arrested.