Iowa Football Recruiting

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Lol, so we don't count the good games. Never said KJ was as good as UM's RBs. I said the talent drop off in 2023 won't be huge. KJ wasn't Iowa's full-time back the entire season last year and still made All B1G and was a freshman AA. And it's no secret Iowa's OL last year was a warm pile of poo.

Kaleb had a ok season given the Charmin soft schedule. But please do not use All-American and Kaleb in the same sentence considering he was honorable mention with 6 others by a website called College Football News. Maybe if he was first, second, or even third team all-freshman from a source people have heard of... Being called the 10th best freshman running back in the country by a publication no one has ever heard of is a new level of participation trophy I have yet to see...

Maybe I'm alone in this thought...

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Kaleb had a ok season given the Charmin soft schedule. But please do not use All-American and Kaleb in the same sentence considering he was honorable mention with 6 others by a website called College Football News. Maybe if he was first, second, or even third team all-freshman from a source people have heard of... Being called the 10th best freshman running back in the country by a publication no one has ever heard of is a new level of participation trophy I have yet to see...

Maybe I'm alone in this thought...
You've never heard of CFN?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Correct, maybe I'm alone here.. Their Twitter page has almost 23K followers, but I have some serious questions about that considering EVERYONE loves mock drafts and theirs from 3/27 has been viewed only 1500 times with 1 retweet..

View attachment 111498
Well that's pretty scientific, lol. They've been around awhile and are part of SI's media network, but you don't know them or like them, I get it. KJ was also All B1G HM as a freshman without having a full season under his belt as a full-time RB, is that one better?

Reactions: Halincandenza

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Well that's pretty scientific, lol. They've been around awhile and are part of SI's media network, but you don't know them or like them, I get it. KJ was also All B1G HM as a freshman without having a full season under his belt as a full-time RB, is that one better?
Being named a top 10 RB in your conference when you are 5 carries away from the top 10 feels about right for a player in the weakest division of P5.

ISU wanted Kaleb, so I'm not trying to knock his talent.. Just knocking the participation trophy titles

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Being named a top 10 RB in your conference when you are 5 carries away from the top 10 feels about right for a player in the weakest division of P5.

ISU wanted Kaleb, so I'm not trying to knock his talent.. Just knocking the participation trophy titles
A true freshman who wasn't even the feature RB the entire season being named All B1G HM by coaches and media is a participation trophy?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A true freshman who wasn't even the feature RB the entire season being named All B1G HM by coaches and media is a participation trophy?

Goes to show how "tough" a 14 team conference really is. Besides their defense, then had no choice, but to run the ball as we all know how great Petras was in the passing department.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yeah the B1G never has good RBs.
If a true freshman from an offense that finished in near the bottom got honorable mention, then he deserved it. As we all know how that potent offense shot a lot of blanks last year. Did BF get any awards last year?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If a true freshman from an offense that finished in near the bottom got honorable mention, then he deserved it. As we all know how that potent offense shot a lot of blanks last year. Did BF get any awards last year?
He did. It's a pretty prestigious award, known simply as "The 25".

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Last year was the same problem. Keagan couldn't go, Brecht was injured, Nico was injured, Vines was injured, and Bostick was injured. So far in Spring it seems like only Nico is practicing and the rest are injured again, transferred or left football. Not good.
One scholarship WR played against ISU last year. Injuries or not that’s inexcusable.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Brecht played vs Iowa State for sure.
If he played, it wasn’t much. He was battling a hamstring most of camp and into the season if I recall correctly.

Either way, a P5 WR room should never be close to that bare.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
If he played, it wasn’t much. He was battling a hamstring most of camp and into the season if I recall correctly.

Either way, a P5 WR room should never be close to that bare.
Kirk will never do this, and it wouldn't be a good move for his professional career, but they should move DeJean to offense. You could use him as a swiff army knife; option QB, RB, and receiver. It would make your offense a lot more exciting.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Kirk will never do this, and it wouldn't be a good move for his professional career, but they should move DeJean to offense. You could use him as a swiff army knife; option QB, RB, and receiver. It would make your offense a lot more exciting.
I’d love to see it but you’re correct. Kirk wont go for it.