Iowa Football Recruiting

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I see him as a solid TE that will be around for awhile in the league but not really put up huge numbers. But who knows I mean put him in a good offense and he would have probably put up ridiculous numbers.
Hes a really good route runner but I'm concerned that he's not physical enough for the league. Hope I'm wrong

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Jack Heflin, Zach VanValkenberg, Charlie Jones, Michael Sleep-Dalton, Those are the guys I can think of from football. Cronk probably would have been good if he hadn't gotten injured again.

Basketball. I got nothing.
Rebracca but Fran's definitely leaving a lot to be desired in the portal era

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
He's unbearable but I feel like it'd be a weird thing for him to throw out there if it wasn't true
I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he and/or Keegan Johnson leaves. Lots of buzz on the boards the portal will be very active with players leaving from Iowa.

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he and/or Keegan Johnson leaves. Lots of buzz on the boards the portal will be very active with players leaving from Iowa.

If you are wide receiver why in gods name would you go to Iowa? If you are already on the team and think you are good why would you stay? Who can actually throw the ball to these guys. No surprise.

Reactions: cyclone1209

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If you are wide receiver why in gods name would you go to Iowa? If you are already on the team and think you are good why would you stay? Who can actually throw the ball to these guys. No surprise.
I agree with the Petras and terrible OL era. But you don't have to go very far back to see Iowa had productive seasons from their WRs.

Reactions: GoHawks and 7Got6

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I agree with the Petras and terrible OL era. But you don't have to go very far back to see Iowa had productive seasons from their WRs.

True, but in respects to Bruce and Johnson will things improve next year to a degree that makes them want to stay? I would find that unlikely.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
True, but in respects to Bruce and Johnson will things improve next year to a degree that makes them want to stay? I would find that unlikely.
I hope you are wrong, but not sure how much hope I would have either. The OL needs a severe upgrade and so does the QB. KF has proven he can do it, but I'm not holding my breath at the same time. I think he needs to clean house and get a new OC and OL coach and hit the portal hard. But I'm not sure how much NIL money Iowa will have to offer so getting anyone that can make an impact from the portal will be tough.

• Agree
Reactions: BigTurk and 7Got6

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I hope you are wrong, but not sure how much hope I would have either. The OL needs a severe upgrade and so does the QB. KF has proven he can do it, but I'm not holding my breath at the same time. I think he needs to clean house and get a new OC and OL coach and hit the portal hard. But I'm not sure how much NIL money Iowa will have to offer so getting anyone that can make an impact from the portal will be tough.
If Kirk wasn’t desperately trying to save his sons careeer I think this would have been his last season. He’s not at all comfortable with change in general and the transfer portal in conjunction with NIL has to be driving him crazy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If Kirk wasn’t desperately trying to save his sons careeer I think this would have been his last season. He’s not at all comfortable with change in general and the transfer portal in conjunction with NIL has to be driving him crazy.
I disagree. I am pretty sure I can tell you when kirks final year will be. Once his end of the year winning percentage hits 60%, he will move on. Kirk has one of the biggest egos out there. He want the HOF.