Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DunkeyFeller

May 22, 2022
Nope, thinking 3rd round. If he can avoid injury, I think he could have a great pro career. He has the size, athleticism and attitude to make it big I feel.
Eh, there is a shot at the first round depending on the combine. If he can run well, teams will want him. He seems like the type of guy that the pats would take and develop into a pro bowl level player.

• Haha
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Eh, there is a shot at the first round depending on the combine. If he can run well, teams will want him. He seems like the type of guy that the pats would take and develop into a pro bowl level player.
You think every hawk player is a first round pick. Get over yourself and GTF off CF for like your 10th username on here.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I think a big reason as to why Iowa's 8-4 instead of 10-2 is because they played Ohio State and Michigan this year. Last year and this year Iowa are not that different. If Iowa plays Michigan State and Indiana instead of the best teams in the conference, we're looking at a very similar season.

Edit: Forgot Iowa is 7-5.
I agree to an extent but their offense was below average last year either. It was bad just not complete trash like this year. I fully recognize they still lose to OSU and Michigan without a good offense but they beat everyone else with a Nate Stanley era offense and maybe even the 2020 offense.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I agree to an extent but their offense was below average last year either. It was bad just not complete trash like this year. I fully recognize they still lose to OSU and Michigan without a good offense but they beat everyone else with a Nate Stanley era offense and maybe even the 2020 offense.
Nope. You would have lost to ISU and Nebraska still.

• Agree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Name one player that Iowa has gotten in the portal that was worth a damn. Football or basketball.
Jack Heflin, Zach VanValkenberg, Charlie Jones, Michael Sleep-Dalton, Those are the guys I can think of from football. Cronk probably would have been good if he hadn't gotten injured again.

Basketball. I got nothing.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I didn’t know he is transferring to Miami
Wouldn’t you with the QB situation? 1st Petras is graduating and leaving they say. 2nd Padilla is in the portal 3rd Labia is two years in and apparently doesn’t know there is a play book. 4th a possible transfer may come in but the Iowa offense is extremely complicated and takes a couple years to learn so you know they will suck. 5th a true freshman.

Reactions: Kaner04

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I don't think he will make it in the pros. He was a good TE at Iowa and was sorely missed this past week, but I still don't think he will make a good pro.
I see him as a solid TE that will be around for awhile in the league but not really put up huge numbers. But who knows I mean put him in a good offense and he would have probably put up ridiculous numbers.

Reactions: 1776