Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I see Halli dumbed my facts about what Reese did. He doesn’t want to counter facts just try to troll because he can’t counter them. Only thing I could be off on was the player, pretty sure it was Downing, but could be off there.
Probably because you got the coach wrong too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would say the 2020 offense was average. I believe they were around 50 or so in offensive efficiency. And that is with poor QB play.
Yeah I think 2020's was the best of the 3 and stats obviously show that, but again the competition difference between 2020 and 2022 is staggering.

Reactions: Halincandenza

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did a search, know it’s in this thread somewhere but too many Morgan’s to search through.

Too bad twins is gone, he knew this stuff.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm old enough to remember the Rose vs. Campbell debates. Campbell might be the best LB to play in the KF era and that is saying a lot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm old enough to remember the Rose vs. Campbell debates. Campbell might be the best LB to play in the KF era and that is saying a lot.

I happened to catch a couple of his post-game clips and appreciate him sticking up for Petras. Seems like a good dude.

Rose honestly flattened out imo if not regressed especially speed wise after a promising freshman year where it seemed like he was all over the field.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Mike Rose also has that award and the year he did it he had 5 interceptions. Mike's last year was plagued by injuries. Jack is just as good though.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nope, thinking 3rd round. If he can avoid injury, I think he could have a great pro career. He has the size, athleticism and attitude to make it big I feel.
Hawkeye fans in here say that where they get drafted is more important than anything. So I figured a great LB, per hawkeye previous chatter meant high first round. I personally believe you can be a great college player and that doesn't necessarily correlate to an NFL player.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Hawkeye fans in here say that where they get drafted is more important than anything. So I figured a great LB, per hawkeye previous chatter meant high first round. I personally believe you can be a great college player and that doesn't necessarily correlate to an NFL player.
I care mostly about Iowa players being good while at Iowa. If they are good as a pro, then that is great too. Iowa has had a few guys that were good at Iowa, but never made it in the pros over the years. My favorite was Nick Bell (dating myself here). He was awesome at Iowa with his size and speed, but he washed out quickly in the NFL. On the flip side, Kittle seemed to be hurt his entire collegiate career and now he is one of the best players in the NFL. So it can go both ways.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
If Iowa could grab Cade MacNamara, that would probably make them pretty good next year with what they have coming back,
I bet he looks hard at it. Big Ten school, no competition for the starting role, etc.
Remember when these same people were saying Spencer Rattler was coming to iowa too?

Iowa fans and delusion, name a better duo, I’ll wait.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If Iowa could grab Cade MacNamara, that would probably make them pretty good next year with what they have coming back,
I bet he looks hard at it. Big Ten school, no competition for the starting role, etc.
Name one player that Iowa has gotten in the portal that was worth a damn. Football or basketball.