Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
The Cade McNamara stuff to Iowa seems like an absolute pipe dream for the Hoks. Why on earth would one of the nation's top QB transfers want to go to the worst offense in D1? It makes zero sense. Especially with the news that Arlan Bruce is probably on his way out and so is Keegan Johnson and their #1 OL recruit is no longer firmly entrenched. I just don't get it.
Guaranteed starting job. Stays in the B1G. Stud at RB and a young offensive line that should improve (in theory). WR aren't great but also were harmed by terrible QB play.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
First of all, Iowa is 7-5. Second of all, the 2021 Hawks were coming off of six straight wins in dominating fashion from the 2020 Covid season and then won their first six straight in 2021. Then the wheels fell off. Not sure what the hell happened to them since they beat PSU, but since then they haven't been anywhere close to the same team they were in that 12 game stretch.
I don’t think 2021 is all that mysterious
-Beat terrible Indiana that went 0-9 in the league
-Beat ISU in a game that is an absolute outlier of all outliers in terms of getting a win with such an efficiency discrepancy, but I get it, a win’s a win and TOs matter
-Beat Kent State
- Beat Co State
- Beat Maryland that went 3-6 in the league
- Were getting handled by Penn State until Clifford gets hurt and they bring in a guy that looks like that was the first he’d heard that the forward pass was a legal play in football.

I think it was just reversion to the mean. It also seemed better at the time because Indiana and ISU were expected to be really good and they were hot garbage and mediocre, respectively. I wouldn’t say the wheels fell off. They still beat teams they should’ve beaten.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don’t think 2021 is all that mysterious
-Beat terrible Indiana that went 0-9 in the league
-Beat ISU in a game that is an absolute outlier of all outliers in terms of getting a win with such an efficiency discrepancy, but I get it, a win’s a win and TOs matter
-Beat Kent State
- Beat Co State
- Beat Maryland that went 3-6 in the league
- Were getting handled by Penn State until Clifford gets hurt and they bring in a guy that looks like that was the first he’d heard that the forward pass was a legal play in football.

I think it was just reversion to the mean. It also seemed better at the time because Indiana and ISU were expected to be really good and they were hot garbage and mediocre, respectively. I wouldn’t say the wheels fell off. They still beat teams they should’ve beaten.
The 2022 Hawks was the worst Iowa team since probably 2014 and maybe even 2007 imo. 2021 was a lot better team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa's offense and OL was historically bad this year compared to 2021, not sure what else to tell you. The 2021 Iowa team would beat this year's Iowa team by a lot.
I actually think it'd be a single digit game because neither offense would be able to move the ball on one another. Whatever defense scores would win the game.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Cade McNamara stuff to Iowa seems like an absolute pipe dream for the Hoks. Why on earth would one of the nation's top QB transfers want to go to the worst offense in D1? It makes zero sense. Especially with the news that Arlan Bruce is probably on his way out and so is Keegan Johnson and their #1 OL recruit is no longer firmly entrenched. I just don't get it.
Bruce is leaving? What is the word on Proctor? Heard a few different things.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Bruce is leaving? What is the word on Proctor? Heard a few different things.
I haven't heard anything about Bruce, but it wouldn't surprise me. I would expect Johnson will transfer to Nebraska most likely. Hearing that Proctor is still solid with the Hawks as of now.

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In 2020 that offensive line was solid. It's been a steep fall from that point up front. I understand the weak competition part in 2020 but what was impressive with that team is we were dominant at times on both sides. I'd disagree that the offense wasn't good in 2020. 2020 offense is my realistic goal for a Ferentz led offense. It will never be statically great though
Iowa's offense this year is the worst it's ever been. But in 2020 and 2021 it also sucked. Those two statements can be true. Why some think it was good was because Iowa's offense was actually able to capitalize off of turnovers and great field position. This year they can't. But I'm not going to bow down to Iowa's offense the last couple of years because they're able to put up a TD after getting the ball at their opponent's 30 yard line.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I haven't heard anything about Bruce, but it wouldn't surprise me. I would expect Johnson will transfer to Nebraska most likely. Hearing that Proctor is still solid with the Hawks as of now.
Didn’t ask about Johnson, he committed to like 4 schools before Iowa so he is a grass is always greener guy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa's offense this year is the worst it's ever been. But in 2020 and 2021 it also sucked. Those two statements can be true. Why some think it was good was because Iowa's offense was actually able to capitalize off of turnovers and great field position. This year they can't. But I'm not going to bow down to Iowa's offense the last couple of years because they're able to put up a TD after getting the ball at their opponent's 30 yard line.
This year, those turnovers Iowa got at the ten were taken in by the defense more often so the offense couldn’t get their easy points as often.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I see Halli dumbed my facts about what Reese did. He doesn’t want to counter facts just try to troll because he can’t counter them. Only thing I could be off on was the player, pretty sure it was Downing, but could be off there.

• Dumb
Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I would say the 2020 offense was average. I believe they were around 50 or so in offensive efficiency. And that is with poor QB play.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6 and Lineup