Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So he was boot off cyclone fanatic?
I don't know any more than the rest here, but apparently, yes. Lol. Sounds like he had a couple names he posted with on here and both got the boot. He went all in on spreading false and defamatory crap about Xavier N. taking illegal payments to commit to Iowa, someone close to XN caught wind of it and contacted CF about it, I think there might've been a lawsuit threatened, not certain on that though.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
He's a pretty inaccurate passer but he's a great athlete and good runner. He also turns the ball over way too much. But again, a change of scenery could / will likely help.
He also played with bad WRs, bottom 3 o-line in the big 10, and average RBs. His only good receiver was a TE.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He also played with bad WRs, bottom 3 o-line in the big 10, and average RBs. His only good receiver was a TE.
Yeah I agree with that but I watched him too and he fumbled a ton, missed his targets a lot, and made some absolute bonehead mistakes. We'll see how he does this year and we'll be able to tell whether it was him or the system he was previously in.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
He’s decent. He’s not as good as Skylar Thompson was. Martinez is well established as being a practice star. It doesn’t translate to in games and people still buy into it every year.
He makes mistakes but he’s a huge reason they were even in it in most games.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Yeah I agree with that but I watched him too and he fumbled a ton, missed his targets a lot, and made some absolute bonehead mistakes. We'll see how he does this year and we'll be able to tell whether it was him or the system he was previously in.
Says a lot that he kept Nebraska in those games against Oklahoma, OSU, MSU, Michigan, and Wisco imo. Just struggled to make the right plays late.

Martinez and Vaughn are going to be an awesome duo I think.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
After losing the best QB and RB in ISU history, along with Rose, a good chunk of both lines, and half the defensive backfield? Sure anything is possible but 10-2 doesn't seem realistic looking at it objectively.
And I think there's more "good team parity" this year in the B12. OU, OSU, and Baylor can all win 10, 11 games. Middle of the pack, ISU, KSU, TT, WV, TX, TCU could all win between 4-9.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Says a lot that he kept Nebraska in those games against Oklahoma, OSU, MSU, Michigan, and Wisco imo. Just struggled to make the right plays late.

Martinez and Vaughn are going to be an awesome duo I think.
Again, he is a great athlete he's just not a good passer. Arguing otherwise is basically throwing away the last three years of data proving that.

Kansas State's style should be a lot better for him though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And I think there's more "good team parity" this year in the B12. OU, OSU, and Baylor can all win 10, 11 games. Middle of the pack, ISU, KSU, TT, WV, TX, TCU could all win between 4-9.
The Kstate numbers seem high but unsure how their conference stacks, and Martinez is not a solid QB. If Klein makes him run, he will be hurt a lot, if he makes him throw a bunch, then it’s turnover city. Need him to play out of his rear to make it work.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
After losing the best QB and RB in ISU history, along with Rose, a good chunk of both lines, and half the defensive backfield? Sure anything is possible but 10-2 doesn't seem realistic looking at it objectively.
Ceilings and floor predictions are always a little dumb to me. Nobody can predict injuries or breakout players but I think most Iowa State fans would be thrilled with a 8-4 finish and that’d be a great accomplishment with what they lost.

I also don’t see any scenario where Iowa finishes 5-7 unless there’s a big rash of injuries.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Any nervousness from ISU fans about Kohl being continually targeted by blue bloods?

Sounded like OSU at least kicked the tires and now Auburns offered and had some level conversations. One one hand it’s flattering obviously. On the other, why is even talking to other schools?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Any nervousness from ISU fans about Kohl being continually targeted by blue bloods?

Sounded like OSU at least kicked the tires and now Auburns offered and had some level conversations. One one hand it’s flattering obviously. On the other, why is even talking to other schools?
I don't have any insight on that but I could guess and say maybe he's just going through the process and just seeing what they have to say. I think he's pretty committed to the good guys.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

Lol no
He’s not talking to other schools, other than answering the phone and saying I’m good at Iowa State.
Nice try though

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I don't have any insight on that but I could guess and say maybe he's just going through the process and just seeing what they have to say. I think he's pretty committed to the good guys.
I’d be surprised if he didn’t stick with his commitment. It’d be pretty hard as a legacy to commit to your dad’s school and then go somewhere else.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Not much. Auburn is probably the backup in case Campbell wasn’t here for some reason next year. There is a slight connection there. Smart people always have a backup incase things go south for some reason.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I also don’t see any scenario where Iowa finishes 5-7 unless there’s a big rash of injuries.
South Dakota State, Nevada, Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern and Nebraska should all be as close to a lock as you can get. They will also likely be favored in at least 4 other games.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Lol no
He’s not talking to other schools, other than answering the phone and saying I’m good at Iowa State.
Nice try though
I think it’s a little more than that based on what I’ve read. But like I said I would be surprised if he went somewhere else.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019

Not worried at all. The work he’s done to recruit basically this whole class to ISU is a large indication of how committed he is.