Iowa Football Recruiting

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I don’t think you are understanding what I’m saying. ISU did not play better in any facet, although their defense played really well. I just think that fans wouldn’t consider it a great win because their team didn’t play great offensively and the opponent imploded.

Iowa could have won that game with zero offensive snaps. I don’t know how much more of a compliment you need here, but if that upsets you, you really need your ego stroked.
I mean you literally said “ISU flat out handed them the game.” Seems like you’re trying to play both sides of the coin.

Iowa fans have learned to not equate a great win to require a great offense. However we need at least a functional offense. If they roll out the same production offensively this year they’ll be lucky to win 7 games.

I’m not calling the ISU game a great win either. They didn’t have one. The PSU game could still be a long term impact but we’ll see.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I mean you literally said “ISU flat out handed them the game.” Seems like you’re trying to play both sides of the coin.

Iowa fans have learned to not equate a great win to require a great offense. However we need at least a functional offense. If they roll out the same production offensively this year they’ll be lucky to win 7 games.

I’m not calling the ISU game a great win either. They didn’t have one. The PSU game could still be a long term impact but we’ll see.
They did hand them the game. Doesn’t mean iowa wasn’t there to take it. In the first 3 quarters, ISU would have done better kneeling 3 times and punting than what they did. A high school offense could have done better by at least not turning the ball over.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Minnesota was a decent team last year but WVU was not very good. And I'm well aware ISU lost to them. That was the worst loss of the year by far. I think as far as "best teams" that Iowa beat, it's arguable between Minny and ISU. As someone else said though, PSU was the biggest win because of the circumstances surrounding the victory.
Beating ISU also propelled Iowa to #5 so I would say that’s a monumental win. Minnesota win ended up pushing Iowa to the big ten title game which would make it more important.

• Haha
Reactions: cycloner29

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
They did hand them the game. Doesn’t mean iowa wasn’t there to take it. In the first 3 quarters, ISU would have done better kneeling 3 times and punting than what they did. A high school offense could have done better by at least not turning the ball over.
In what ways did they “hand” them the game?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
C'mon. Saying they handed them the game because of things like multiple turnovers and ineffective offense is just weak. Jacobs made a great play to cause the Hall fumble. Our LB made a good play getting his hand up and deflecting the pass, and our other guy made a good play reacting and making the pick. Same thing on the other interceptions. Iowa's D made good plays and caused those things to happen. I'd say the same thing to an Iowa fan saying we gave the game away because of turnovers and sh*tty offense. No, the other team had a lot to do with it.

• Winner
Reactions: 7Got6

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
C'mon. Saying they handed them the game because of things like multiple turnovers and ineffective offense is just weak. Jacobs made a great play to cause the Hall fumble. Our LB made a good play getting his hand up and deflecting the pass, and our other guy made a good play reacting and making the pick. Same thing on the other interceptions. Iowa's D made good plays and caused those things to happen. I'd say the same thing to an Iowa fan saying we gave the game away because of turnovers and sh*tty offense. No, the other team had a lot to do with it.
Credit iowas defense for taking ISU out of their comfort zone. But that game was a gift. When your punter is the mvp, when you go negative yards on a drive and still put points on the board, you were given a gift. You guys need to learn to accept your gift and move on. It’s a hell of a lot better than not getting one. I’m still waiting for Iowa to be as giving as ISU in that department. Zero turnovers since what, 2015? That’s a crazy streak. Congrats to them for coming in laser focused and wanting it more. Until ISU matches their intensity, they have no shot to win this one. It would help if they could actually play a clean game for once or show that they even care about games in September.

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 1776 and Remo Gaggi

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Credit iowas defense for taking ISU out of their comfort zone. But that game was a gift. When your punter is the mvp, when you go negative yards on a drive and still put points on the board, you were given a gift. You guys need to learn to accept your gift and move on. It’s a hell of a lot better than not getting one. I’m still waiting for Iowa to be as giving as ISU in that department. Zero turnovers since what, 2015? That’s a crazy streak. Congrats to them for coming in laser focused and wanting it more. Until ISU matches their intensity, they have no shot to win this one. It would help if they could actually play a clean game for once or show that they even care about games in September.
Loser mentality.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Beating ISU also propelled Iowa to #5 so I would say that’s a monumental win. Minnesota win ended up pushing Iowa to the big ten title game which would make it more important.
Both games were important. I was just saying that Iowa coming into Ames and handling Iowa State like that was the most impressive win out of the rest. It may not have had the most implications but I think beating ISU like that was more impressive than beating both Minnesota and Penn State. Obviously just my opinion though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seeing this thread pop back up made me realize that Cat has been MIA for awhile. No twins, no Brandon, no Cat……may need to do some unblocking and see if the Hawkeyes numb nuts are still here. Kinda empty without those guys.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Seeing this thread pop back up made me realize that Cat has been MIA for awhile. No twins, no Brandon, no Cat……may need to do some unblocking and see if the Hawkeyes numb nuts are still here. Kinda empty without those guys.
Godspeed on unblocking...

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Desperately wants people to believe he doesn't read my posts. Lol.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Losing DD would suck, luckily our OL recruiting the past few years has been really good but I was looking forward to him being one of the better guys we'd develop.
I haven’t seen anything confirmed yet, just speculation on the HR boards? Definitely have recruited well there but he’s got a big upside.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Looks like the crown jewel of Iowa’s “top 25” recruiting class in 2021 is already gone.
I wouldn't say that is a sure thing yet. Could be just rumors. Guy could be injured.
Also, I don't know if I would say he was a crown jewel. For Iowa, getting a four star WR to go there in Keagan Johnson was probably a crown jewel. They had two other 4 star lineman in that class. One who started as a true Freshman.