Iowa Football Recruiting

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Enjoy the Iowa / Iowa State game the next few years because it is hard to see how it goes on once this current agreement expires. Both sides like to say they don't want it, but it is a fun weekend and the whole state watches it. Even the casual fan pays attention. That I will miss.
The problem is they need to play every other year so both ISU and Iowa can schedule another P5 school. It’s hard for either team to play 11 P5 games.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The problem is they need to play every other year so both ISU and Iowa can schedule another P5 school. It’s hard for either team to play 11 P5 games.
Still planning on scheduling those alliance games?

• Haha
Reactions: BigD

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This can't be accurate Kirk won't be retired by 2024.
I find it funny that every time any Iowa fan is asked about that, they say he probably has 5 years left. They all know it’s not true, but they are trying like hell to avoid recruiting going to crap at the end like it did for ORF. They’re going to squeeze every last drop out of grandpa before he hands it over to junior.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I find it funny that every time any Iowa fan is asked about that, they say he probably has 5 years left. They all know it’s not true, but they are trying like hell to avoid recruiting going to crap at the end like it did for ORF. They’re going to squeeze every last drop out of grandpa before he hands it over to junior.
Who was the reason they got in hot water.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
That would kill ND joining.
I think the only way they go to a 10 game schedule is with 20 teams. Just spitballing, but let’s say the B1G adds Stanford, Washington, and Oregon, along with the fainting Irish. ND would be in a conference with Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, USC, and Purdue. That’s a pretty good spread,of their traditional rivals. Who wouldn’t the play? Navy? Are there more traditional rivals? They wouldn’t play every team every year but it would be closer than any other conference.

in addition, they would occasionally get to play Iowa. Big selling point there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think the only way they go to a 10 game schedule is with 20 teams. Just spitballing, but let’s say the B1G adds Stanford, Washington, and Oregon, along with the fainting Irish. ND would be in a conference with Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, USC, and Purdue. That’s a pretty good spread,of their traditional rivals. Who wouldn’t the play? Navy? Are there more traditional rivals? They wouldn’t play every team every year but it would be closer than any other conference.

in addition, they would occasionally get to play Iowa. Big selling point there.
Pitt and BC have been a couple frequent rivals. So they could play 10 conference, then Navy and alternate Pitt and BC? Seems stale.

Also, seeings how often they play Iowa, that may be a bigger deterrent than attraction

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Pitt and BC have been a couple frequent rivals. So they could play 10 conference, then Navy and alternate Pitt and BC? Seems stale.

Also, seeings how often they play Iowa, that may be a bigger deterrent than attraction
BC I’ll grant you. The whole Catholic thing.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So both schools are starting to round out their classes nicely. Any predictions for final rankings? I'll go with the following.

Iowa - 35
ISU - 47

Both are good classes IMO.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
So both schools are starting to round out their classes nicely. Any predictions for final rankings? I'll go with the following.

Iowa - 35
ISU - 47

Both are good classes IMO.
I'd assume both end up higher than that, but who knows.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'd assume both end up higher than that, but who knows.
A lot of teams behind both schools that have higher average player rankings that have fewer recruits. So those teams will probably leapfrog both schools by the early signing period.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
A lot of teams behind both schools that have higher average player rankings that have fewer recruits. So those teams will probably leapfrog both schools by the early signing period.

Iowa State has several players that could eventually see significant bumps too.