Iowa Football Recruiting

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Any 247 VIP members have to read this thread. Absolutely hilarious. A Minnesota writer says that the Iowa staff is the worst negative recruiters. Obviously, a mob of Iowa fans attack him. He replies with the fact that he talks to recruits all the time and that is what they tell him, to which the message board posters who have absolutely no leg to stand on still tell him he is wrong. Gold!

Yeah, have a hard time believing a Minnesota guy when it comes to negative recruiting and fleck.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah, have a hard time believing a Minnesota guy when it comes to negative recruiting and fleck.
You don’t think Iowa negatively recruits?

After they had a media lackey write that article about Deyo? After hearing how players were treated based on what happened to Jack Kallenberger?

Those things just happened? But they don’t really say anything to the kids on the trail?

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Yeah he can go **** himself lol. Acting like it’s not fair.
Frankly they need to get rid of the “can’t use NIL to recruit players” charade. Everyone knows that’s what it’s going to be used for, let’s just get all teams under the same rules.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think that right there is why Saban went off yesterday (although he’s a huge hypocrite). NIL may throw off the status quo now that the best schools and richest schools will be on similar playing fields as far as recruiting.
Yeah, I am guessing he thought he had some of those kids and then A&M just came and stole them away with money and that pissed him off. Bama, OSU and a few others are at the top of the recruiting list every year and having schools able to lure guys away from them with money takes some advantages away from Bama. Probably hurts some of their depth where they can't just have NFL guys waiting to replace NFL guys.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Confirmed that the B1G doesn't play defense!
iowa-state-iowa-state-cyclones.gif

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I see Iowa got a commitment today from a kid who ISU watched every game last year because he was McLaughlin’s teammate and told him they weren’t going to offer.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
More Dan Marino style. The other positive for that style is with the ball being held higher a random reach from a Dlinemen is less likely to knock the ball out.
Particularly when you're 6-foot-6? Say, anyone here know if he's projected to grow taller?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, I am guessing he thought he had some of those kids and then A&M just came and stole them away with money and that pissed him off.
'Bama is cash short? Doesn't it have a pile (imagine Scrooge McDuck inside his money vault). Does 'Bama have the professional schools (medicine, law . . .) with which to milk the alums?

Truly asking, I don't have a clue.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I see Iowa got a commitment today from a kid who ISU watched every game last year because he was McLaughlin’s teammate and told him they weren’t going to offer.
ISU still looking to win their first head to head recruiting battle against Iowa in the ‘23 and ‘24 classes. Things are looking great in both classes thus far.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
ISU still looking to win their first head to head recruiting battle against Iowa in the ‘23 and ‘24 classes. Things are looking great in both classes thus far.
Funny thing is, I wouldn’t trade classes with Iowa right now. I’m not impressed. Mota is one I wanted, but he’s pretty far from irreplaceable. Receivers with his skill set grow on trees and I mostly wanted him because he was in state.

Also lol at your 24 talk. You’ll probably have a coaching change and have re-recruit those kids.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Lol 2024 again, you kill me? I guess I didn’t think my comment would work up the Iowa hive so much. I didn’t even say the kid was bad, just that ISU told him they weren’t going to offer.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Yeah most recruits don’t commit until the summer so I’m not surprised. We’ll have a lot of recruits with Iowa offers commit (like last year).

Reactions: Mads4st8

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I’d much rather have guys from Florida or Ohio than 2A guys from BFI.
I mean, let's look at that vaunted 2024 class. Two in-state guys that ISU didn't offer, two more in-state LBs that ISU offered who happen to live within an hour of IC. ISU wasn't going to get those guys, but it's also not a big loss. They've recruited pretty well at LB and continue to restock with high level players.