Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

“After working 18 months w/ program, Porter concluded necessary changes not being made after racial bias found”

Which one is it?

Seems like there’s some context missing in all of this.. And Christ almighty you’re more defensive about this than you were about any single thing the coaching staff did to those players..

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah and I don’t agree with what he said.

i think it goes back the argument that Porter made in the gazette article.

he wants the kids to have mentors and to be protected and feel safe.

when I was 18, and first got to Lackland, 1300 miles away from home, I had no clue about the world. Neither do any of these kids.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Seems like there’s some context missing in all of this.. And Christ almighty you’re more defensive about this than you were about any single thing the coaching staff did to those players..

Because he knows what this actually says about kirk. They all do

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

when I was 18, and first got to Lackland, 1300 miles away from home, I had no clue about the world. Neither do any of these kids.
I can understand that sentiment just think calling them idiots isn’t the smartest way to go about everything. Saying kids are naive at that age would’ve been better.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I can understand that sentiment just think calling them idiots isn’t the smartest way to go about everything. Saying kids are naive at that age would’ve been better.

Sure, but most hawk fans, like Nate, wouldn’t know what that word meant

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sure, but most hawk fans, like Nate, wouldn’t know what that word meant
The fact of the matter is people are zeroing in on Porter wanting Kirk to step down and aren’t even discussing the fundamental issue that is Kirk having the ability to dissolve the committee. That shouldn’t be his call and it was.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
The fact of the matter is people are zeroing in on Porter wanting Kirk to step down and aren’t even discussing the fundamental issue that is Kirk having the ability to dissolve the committee. That shouldn’t be his call and it was.

It’s just easier to attack the source.

If you discredit Porter, then you can continue to ignore what happened

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It’s just easier to attack the source.

If you discredit Porter, then you can continue to ignore what happened
Yeah it is easy. And it’d be really interesting to know why Porter held the opinions he held. I’d be shocked if it was because he had this predisposed agenda to get rid of Kirk. That chair position doesn’t hold any sort of power and Kirk himself placed him there so he obviously thought Porter was a good fit. So what happened?

Idk if we’ll ever know and if we do, Porter’s already being roped into the same category as the players suing Kirk.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah it is easy. And it’d be really interesting to know why Porter held the opinions he held. I’d be shocked if it was because he had this predisposed agenda to get rid of Kirk. That chair position doesn’t hold any sort of power and Kirk himself placed him there so he obviously thought Porter was a good fit. So what happened?

Idk if we’ll ever know and if we do, Porter’s already being roped into the same category as the players suing Kirk.

It was a cya committee to pay lip service to pr and promote that they were making changes.

Porter asked them one simple question, they couldn’t answer it. Actually they refused

another one to ponder is if Kirk knew in November he was going to dissolve the committee, as he himself said in the written statement, why did he wait? And why didn’t he have anything prepared to replace it?

And Kirk absolutely cut ties with a long time supporter with that statement. Holy buckets

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

Ha! I'll never forget that first morning...5 AM...and the drill sergeant comes into the dorm clapping aluminum garbage can lids together...good times!

And yes on the mentors...but even then you have to be careful about who the mentors are. It can be a rough transition...

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our coaches just hosted their "junior day" for recruiting. (Side note: the event took place in the new performance center and I loved how the first thing the recruits and their parents saw when they walked into the building was a big "Welcome Home" sign with the Trice stripes.) You can watch a brief clip of Campbell standing in front of all the recruits and their families and telling them there has never been a better time to enter into the culture of our program, and he told the recruits they should be focusing now on the things that don't require talent, like working as hard as possible when nobody is watching.

It made me wonder what Ferentz must say when he gets up and speaks at Iowa's junior day. Does he avoid the elephant in the room and just hope nobody has the courage to bring up the racism topic, or does he address it head on? If I had to bet, I would guess it's the former.
So that was why the south end zone was running! Wife noticed I when we came out of the game on Saturday.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Your last post just proved our point by how stupid you are. WTF are you trying to say here? Next time write a sentence that makes sense!! No one likes you on here.
Actually, I believe twins was the only one who conversed with Nate, and he was part of the posse to ban him ironically.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Ha! I'll never forget that first morning...5 AM...and the drill sergeant comes into the dorm clapping aluminum garbage can lids together...good times!

And yes on the mentors...but even then you have to be careful about who the mentors are. It can be a rough transition...

yeah, it was June 18th, when I walked outside it was 93 degrees at 6 am. I was like what did I get myself into?

The Iowa way is built on fear and conformity. Very similar. It’s why the coach said in the husch report, if you can make it through 4 years of Iowa football as a black person, you can do anything.

imagine that being seen as a good thing.