Iowa Football Recruiting

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
HOLY SHAT what a terrible look. I'm not just saying that either, that's awful. Kirk got his extension, gave the middle finger, and is gonna go out his way.
Incredible.
Iowa fans should be ashamed at Barta and Kirk.

Right on queue - KF grabs a few million more and secures BFs future and then gives the University the finger.

Belongs on the Mt Rushmore of CFB scumbags - Paterno, Patrino, Briles and Ferentz

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nate is a CF creeper anymore. He’s like a narcissist. Never admits when he’s wrong, then changes the subject when called out on something, and never answers a question when posed one.
Basically the reason I put him on ignore quite a while ago.
I guess it's still the same?

Reactions: cycloner29

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The fact Kirk dismantled the group because the committee chair wanted a full on change is ridiculous and if you think otherwise you’re so caught up in your fandom that you’re not seeing this clearly. And if you think you’re seeing it clearly you probably have lots of other issues we won’t get into.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
it never was. But the players are only there for a short time.

Kirk and Brian are not there for a short time, and they are Iowa football. The coach establishes the culture, and the program is actually theirs.

no one called it Breece Hall’s program, or Georges Niang’s program. It was the coaches program.

You get to see, yet again, what hoping for change in the Iowa football program really means. So if you can still root for them, then you are saying you accept what has and will continue to happen there.

again, just own that. The players that roll through there, are there to try to get to the nfl, just like you went to college to prepare for your career. The football program is owned lock stock and barrel by Kirk ferentz. Supporting Iowa football means you support Kirk ferentz.

Nah, I've known kids that have gone through the program and know a few who are on the team now or will be next year, one from my daughter's HS and one who's the kid of wifey's friend. Not turning my back on them or the others, always going to support the players.

May 7, 2020
The fact Kirk dismantled the group because the committee chair wanted a full on change is ridiculous and if you think otherwise you’re so caught up in your fandom that you’re not seeing this clearly. And if you think you’re seeing it clearly you probably have lots of other issues we won’t get into.

Agree, but the fact that Lomax posted what he did leads me to believe that we haven't heard the whole story. Or at the least some of the other members of the committee's opinions. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few days. National media is going to have a field day. Worse is that KF doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks. Does Iowa even have a PR department?

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Agree, but the fact that Lomax posted what he did leads me to believe that we haven't heard the whole story. Or at the least some of the other members of the committee's opinions. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few days. National media is going to have a field day. Worse is that KF doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks. Does Iowa even have a PR department?

I completely believe Porter's assertion that some coaches came to that meeting without responses or showing that they'd even thought about the question the committee gave them a month prior. I don't doubt at all that guys like BF and SW brought that kind of arrogance and were simply going through the motions. I'd be p*ssed if I were him too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When you have people in power like Kirk and Barta, having a PR department doesn’t matter because they’re going to do and say whatever they want anyway.

And yeah I’m sure there’s more to the story too, but it doesn’t matter anymore. The worst part of the entire story is that the Iowa coaches essentially didn’t care and that’s fine in Kirk’s eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

then why hasn’t he ever taken up Hardy on his offer to talk about Iowa’s racism? He’s not going to get tough questions, Hardy knows better.

why did he throw that fit, then immediately default to talk to the kids in the program, the ones he, himself, said he never said anything to about getting them help?

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Nah, I've known kids that have gone through the program and know a few who are on the team now or will be next year, one from my daughter's HS and one who's the kid of wifey's friend. Not turning my back on them or the others, always going to support the players.

You know you can hope the players you know do well, and not root for the team, right? Old buddy has a son that played football at Baylor, I rooted for him to do well, but never for baylor.

continuing to root for the team is, at least, tacit approval of what’s happened in the past

If that’s where you fall, then stop paying lip service

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I’ll cut some slack to the regular Iowa guys on here, but the trolls who are no doubt lurking right now are certainly quiet.

I do find it funny how vocal some Iowa fans were on here regarding Kirk’s extension, talking about how awesome it was and now this story drops.

I would like to think the local media is trying to get multiple quotes from sources on the committee to tell their side but I’m not optimistic considering how this has been covered from the beginning. But it’s a bad look regardless.

Lomax’s quote about Porter going rogue should be enough for anyone to show pause on this story.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I completely believe Porter's assertion that some coaches came to that meeting without responses or showing that they'd even thought about the question the committee gave them a month prior. I don't doubt at all that guys like BF and SW brought that kind of arrogance and were simply going through the motions. I'd be p*ssed if I were him too.

Serious question, what was the question? Was that clarified anywhere?

• Dumb

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would like to think the local media is trying to get multiple quotes from sources on the committee to tell their side but I’m not optimistic considering how this has been covered from the beginning. But it’s a bad look regardless.

Lomax’s quote about Porter going rogue should be enough for anyone to show pause on this story.
Did you get the same pause from Kirk refusing to answer anything/anyone?

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

Why did lomax change his tune when Hardy invited him on his show to talk about it?

you guys are pathetic.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Did you get the same pause from Kirk refusing to answer anything/anyone?
I would have loved more follow up on changes being made specifically. Local media again failing or not getting follow-ups. If there’s evidence that KF has been ignoring requests he needs to go.

• Dumb

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

To add, you mean the same guy that said this in an interview with hawk central?

And although he recalls outlining strategies for players to “make it” through the program — be punctual, toe the company line, don’t go downtown — he wishes now he had talked directly to Ferentz about drawing attention to Doyle's role in driving away Black players. From the 2013 through 2015 recruiting classes, only eight of 31 Black scholarship signees (25.8%) finished at Iowa.
“I was like, ‘I get it. I know it's tough downstairs in the weight room. But unfortunately, that's just how it is.’ And that's probably not what I should have said,” Lomax says. “I probably should have fought more for them.”

The guy that told all the young black kids to shut up and dribble, so to speak, now says that he’s on Kirk’s side. Shocker

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I would have loved more follow up on changes being made specifically. Local media again failing or not getting follow-ups. If there’s evidence that KF has been ignoring requests he needs to go.

You wouldn’t believe evidence of Kirk doing anything wrong if they had him on video saying the n word over and over again.

just quit

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron