Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bump the question for me, I haven’t seen it.
Here you go. You also owe me a Tyler Nickel answer in the Fran fade thread

I’m interested to hear what he said. I know Sean Welsh struggled with depression while at Iowa, but the coaches helped him out a lot. It’ll be interesting to read what Miller says.

He asked you
After zero punishment over how Jack Kallenberger was treated does it matter to Iowa?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Honestly, that coach needs to be fired for what he said about Kallenburger. Usually, if you do something like that as a government employee, it's automatic termination. At iowa, it gets swept under the rug. On the other hand, the kid's brother is still on the team, so I guess it wasn't all that traumatic for the family.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Honestly, that coach needs to be fired for what he said about Kallenburger. Usually, if you do something like that as a government employee, it's automatic termination. At iowa, it gets swept under the rug. On the other hand, the kid's brother is still on the team, so I guess it wasn't all that traumatic for the family.

This has been discussed, KF would have been fired along with several others for the racial issues if he worked in a school district or corporate america.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This has been discussed, KF would have been fired along with several others for the racial issues if he worked in a school district or corporate america.
I honestly think he would have been fired before the racial issues. The Satterfield and Everson case could have done him in a long time ago.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Pretty sure the brother left the team under abnormal circumstances as well.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
um..... then their should be an asterisk next to the 2020 Cyclone football season and Fiesta Bowl?
Uh, we played everybody and came out on top. On the other hand the BiG changed the rules hosing one of their own members to continue slobbing Bucki's knob. Your conference is a ******* asterisk!!!

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Wow, first power 5 to offer and now he’s gained 3 more in the last several days.
So you think as soon as Iowa State offered, the Michigan State coaches said “Oh Matt Campbell offered this kid, let’s offer him right now” the same exact day? Obviously MSU had a relationship with him and pulled the trigger the same day. I mean come on.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In response to his question, I think mental health matters to Iowa. If not, that would make me really sad, because I am a person that has struggled with that.
Then why didn't they do anything in regards to Seth Wallace for what he did to Jack Kallenberger?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you think as soon as Iowa State offered, the Michigan State coaches said “Oh Matt Campbell offered this kid, let’s offer him right now” the same exact day? Obviously MSU had a relationship with him and pulled the trigger the same day. I mean come on.
No I think only Iowa does it honestly. I'm sure an Iowa State offer sets off others from time to time because of what CMC has done but Iowa does it consistently

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1776 and CyPunch

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
In response to his question, I think mental health matters to Iowa. If not, that would make me really sad, because I am a person that has struggled with that.

So you agree any coach that posts a kid's grades on a white board who has learning disabilities and suffers from anxiety has no business on a coaching staff?