Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't realize Skyler Bell was actually a silent commit to Iowa until the racism stuff. He ended up at Wisconsin. That's a huge loss

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I’m using %, because the Big12 has 10 teams and the Big10 West has 7.

So you contend the division that has had 31% of its teams ranked in the final AP top 25 is trash, but the conference that has had 32% of its teams ranked in the top 25 is super duper awesome. Good lord are you really this stupid?

Since you wanted to compare entire conference then the number shift. The Big10 has had 37% of it teams finished ranked in the final AP top 25 poll, and the Big12 32%.
Where did I EVER say that? I’ll wait

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I didn't realize Skyler Bell was actually a silent commit to Iowa until the racism stuff. He ended up at Wisconsin. That's a huge loss

That is great that you are a Docherman fan and reading up on Bruce.

Last edited:

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I guess this also proves that I was right about Noel. Remember when I told you Iowa was only recruiting Bruce, Brecht, Johnson, and Bell? You told me you had a source that said Iowa wanted Noel in the worst way. LOL man you just make up too much stuff, it always blows up in your face.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess this also proves that I was right about Noel. Remember when I told you Iowa was only recruiting Bruce, Brecht, Johnson, and Bell? You told me you had a source that said Iowa wanted Noel in the worst way. LOL man you just make up too much stuff, it always blows up in your face.
Noel was a take for Iowa

How many kids did the racism stuff cost Ferentz? Double digits?

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Bell
Parks
Alt
Sanders
Williams
Carnie
Helm
Verdon
Oladokun

There's 9. I'm sure there is more
Carnie is a weak one. Everyone knew he was going to Nebraska if he got the offer. Helm was not likely going to be a hawk. Verdon and Sanders were both ISU guys early on. Bell went to Wisky because Iowa already had 3 guys committed before him.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Up until this year, your best team ever went 8-5 and lost their bowl game...

Yep up until this year, like the trend line. Have a coach that is taking better recruiting and putting better teams on the field.

I like our position - Top 50 Recruiting classes and Top 10 Finish

Beats Top 30 recruiting classes, for who knows how long, and squeaking into Top 25 and 2nd in a weak division.

Hell, I say give KF the #1 Recruiting class - 8-4, 2nd in B1G West. He is consistent.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Carnie is a weak one. Everyone knew he was going to Nebraska if he got the offer. Helm was not likely going to be a hawk. Verdon and Sanders were both ISU guys early on. Bell went to Wisky because Iowa already had 3 guys committed before him.
Bell was silently committed to Iowa until the racist stuff. No Doyle cost them Helm and you're crazy if you don't think race played a factor in Verdon and Sanders