Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well he definitely didn’t have an Iowa offer anymore.
Actually the narrative when he committed to Iowa State by Iowa fans on here was that he had an offer at LB. Either way it's a terrible comparison Iowa State and everyone else stopped recruiting Williams a long time before he committed to Iowa

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Legend has to be trolling with his commitment to the Jr Cyclone Club thing. Logical thinking (I know it's hard) would easily see that anyone could purchase a membership to the club, but only 1 person gets to decide who they are a fan of. Was he a lifelong Iowa fan or did he root for both teams? Not sure that actually matters, Legend insisting that because someone purchased a Jr Cyclone Club membership for him at some point in his life does not automatically make him a diehard Cyclone. Growing up in CR, I had plenty of people buy me HOK gear either as a joke or that they didn't know there were ISU fans in CR in the 90s, definitely didn't make me a HOK fan.

It's possible for people to root for both teams growing up. And getting a JR Cyclone Club membership is an easy and cheap way to get kids into games. Imming's brother walked on at iowa, so it was not a forgone conclusion that he was always going to ISU. ISU just flat beat iowa in recruiting the kid. I know...it's hard for iowa fans to fathom that happening for an in-state kid, as it has not happened very often. So, they need to find an excuse or to justify it. But, it did happen and will happen again. Sorry, but you're not going to have free reign to pick whoever you want in-state forever. Once in awhile, ISU will jump up and start taking kids you want and now is one of those times.

Reactions: CRCy17

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Actually the narrative when he committed to Iowa State by Iowa fans on here was that he had an offer at LB. Either way it's a terrible comparison Iowa State and everyone else stopped recruiting Williams a long time before he committed to Iowa
I really do like Williams. The kid is going to play behind a great o-line and he is wicked fast.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He was 1st team all conference. Maybe Brock could be better in the end, but Goodson is currently better.
Stevie Scott was second team All Conference in the Big Ten and he sucked. There was only one good RB in the Big Ten this year. One of Brocks strengths is also Goodsons biggest weakness

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He was 1st team all conference. Maybe Brock could be better in the end, but Goodson is currently better.
Comprehension is not your friend. Goodson had more production than Brock because he didn't share the running back room with a unanimous all American. That in no way can indicate which is better except Hall is far better than Goodson.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

He's a good back and maybe he is better than Brock. But, Goodson would be seeing Brock-type carries if Breece Hall was on Iowa's roster too.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
He's a good back and maybe he is better than Brock. But, Goodson would be seeing Brock-type carries if Breece Hall was on Iowa's roster too.
You’re not wrong. I’m just saying I would currently give the nod to TG.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Stevie Scott was second team All Conference in the Big Ten and he sucked. There was only one good RB in the Big Ten this year. One of Brocks strengths is also Goodsons biggest weakness
I mean, I get you hate Goodson, but he’s proven he’s a good RB. You should let this die.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I really do like Williams. The kid is going to play behind a great o-line and he is wicked fast.

How does this relate to your "runs mean" color commentary? What is the difference between wicked fast and running mean? We would all like your expertise meaning on each saying. Sorry, but you tend to confuse us with your made up phrases.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
You’re not wrong. I’m just saying I would currently give the nod to TG.

I don't disagree with that. Proof > potential every day of the week. We'll see a little more what Brock can do this fall. He's the clear RB2 with Nwangwu and Lang gone.

Reactions: CyHawk1605

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
How does this relate to your "runs mean" color commentary? What is the difference between wicked fast and running mean? We would all like your expertise meaning on each saying. Sorry, but you tend to confuse us with your made up phrases.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
By popular demand of @CyHawk1605, here my NCAA-style ratings for the HOK class:

David Davidkov: Fr: 75. Potential: 97. Monster.

Connor Colby: Fr: 69. Potential: 90. Never bet against a HOK OL prospect.

Beau Stephens: Fr: 71. Potential: 95. Future NFL player.

Justice Sullivan: Fr: 66. Potential: 86. I don’t see what analysts see. What position is he even going to play?

Keagan Johnson: Fr: 71. Potential: 90. NFL level player. Will go undrafted playing for HOK (or at best late round).

Jeremiah Pittman: Fr: 66. Potential: 87. A lot of competition to beat out.

Brody Brecht: Fr: 68. Potential: 89. Very good. I would worry about him going to the MLB.

Cooper Dejean: Fr: 67. Potential: 90. He’s athletic. Need to see him against better competition.

Jaden Harrell: Fr: 65. Potential: 87. Watched quite a bit of games. Not as impressed as others.

Griffen Liddle: Fr: 67. Potential: 90. Tough SOB. You can see it in his face.

Max Llewellyn: Fr: 71. Potential: 94. I wish you were a Cyclone

Jeff Bowie: Fr: 67. Potential: 88. Great frame. Typical HOK DE.

Gennings Dunker: Fr: 67. Potential: 88. Not sure, but I don’t bet against HOK OL prospects.

Joey Labas: Fr: 65. Potential: 86. Spencer Petras 2.0 with a better release.

Arland Bruce: Fr: 65. Potential: 84. Gosh I wish he would stick to RB. I think he’s buried in the depth chart.

Zach Twedt: FR: 62. Potential: 83. There’s a reason ISU backed off.

Karson Sharar: Fr: 63. Potential: 87. Need to see more than instinct plays than his highlight shows to properly evaluate.

What do you think?
I’d put MM on here and I’d have at 68 FR and 90-92 potential.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I mean, I get you hate Goodson, but he’s proven he’s a good RB. You should let this die.

Goodson is good for Iowa. You know what you are going to get. He's no Hall or Sanders but as good as Iowa can do.

I think he is the kind of back you can build an 8-4, 2nd place B1G West team around.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyHawk1605

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
The OL class Iowa is signing this year is usually reserved for Blue Blood schools, it is that good.
Why can’t you guys get a decent running back this cycle with a “blue blood OL Class”, is there something going on behind the scenes? Racism maybe? How many mid-major rb prospects will they go after until they finally get one?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Goodson is good for Iowa. You know what you are going to get. He's no Hall or Sanders but as good as Iowa can do.

I think he is the kind of back you can build an 8-4, 2nd place B1G West team around.

Awww, @CyHawk1605 Gosh darn it, you know it hurts my feelings when you think something is dumb. you are so keen and incyteful (See what I did there)!

So you don't think Goodson can get them to 8-4?