Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Yes. You lost one and would have lost two more if they had their way. You only have a few minority recruits in this class to begin with

LOL, Olandokun called the Iowa coaches and tried to get his spot beck before the Dec. signing day, and the coaches passes. No other recruits were going anywhere in this class, they were all solid.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL, Olandokun called the Iowa coaches and tried to get his spot beck before the Dec. signing day, and the coaches passes. No other recruits were going anywhere in this class, they were all solid.
That's not true. He literally decommitted because of racism and said so

Bruce goes up Iowa State if we take him

Johnson goes to Notre Dame if they offer

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
That's not true. He literally decommitted because of racism and said so

Bruce goes up Iowa State if we take him

Olandoken absolutely reached out to Iowa and wanted to come here, he still hasn't signed with anyone.

Bruce could have picked ISU, but he picked Iowa instead.

Johnson was solid with Iowa, and turned away Michigan and Penn St. when they came a calling this summer, and did the same to ND.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Olandoken absolutely reached out to Iowa and wanted to come here, he still hasn't signed with anyone.

Bruce could have picked ISU, but he picked Iowa instead.

Johnson was solid with Iowa, and turned away Michigan and Penn St. when they came a calling this summer, and did the same to ND.
First kid will sign with Louisville or Pitt

Bruce wanted to leave Iowa for Iowa State - confirmed by the biggest Iowa State hater alive

• Winner
Reactions: weeterkane

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
First kid will sign with Louisville or Pitt

Bruce wanted to leave Iowa for Iowa State - confirmed by the biggest Iowa State hater alive

Olandokun will sign with Louisville or Pitt because Iowa said no thanks when he tried to get back in before signing day. That has been confirmed on the Rivals board.

Who is the biggest ISU hater alive?

Johnson turned away Michigan, Penn St. and ND.

I have no reason to make any of this up. It doesn't matter to me if Olandokun reached back out to Iowa, but it was confirmed. Keegan Johnson came out and said that those big schools came calling this summer and he turned them away.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Iowa beat ISU some of my favorite recruits as well.

Davidkov
Colby
Stephens
Keegan
Bruce
Llewellyn
Pittman
Liddle
Brecht
Twedt
Colby, Brecht, Liddle bleed HOK; however, they had to try because it's bad form not to.

Johnson was never a top target for ISU.

Llewellyn wanted to play DE (they should have recruited him wherever he wanted to play).

Twedt. ha. Bruce ha.

Reactions: CyTwins

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa beat ISU some of my favorite recruits as well.

Davidkov
Colby
Stephens
Keegan
Bruce
Llewellyn
Pittman
Liddle
Brecht
Twedt

Your troll game is pure crap these days. The Twedt one is stupid on your part. We all know what happened there. You've really dropped your troll game to yeahbuddy level and turned into a real puke on here.

Reactions: Brandon

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Colby, Brecht, Liddle bleed HOK; however, they had to try because it's bad form not to.

Llewellyn wanted to play DE (they should have recruited him wherever he wanted to play).

Twedt. ha. Bruce ha.

Wow, it only took 7 excuses for those 7 recruiting losses.

Hey I could say we came late on Purchase, so late right before signing day that this isn't a "real loss". I could say the same of Sanders as well.

I mean excuses are like ***holes, everyone has one.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

Hey I could say we came late on Purchase, so late right before signing day that this isn't a "real loss". I could say the same of Sanders as well.

Am I wrong?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Olandokun will sign with Louisville or Pitt because Iowa said no thanks when he tried to get back in before signing day. That has been confirmed on the Rivals board.

I have no reason to make any of this up. It doesn't matter to me if Olandokun reached back out to Iowa, but it was confirmed. Keegan Johnson came out and said that those big schools came calling this summer and he turned them away.

Confirmed on the rivals board? Lol yeah OK

CP84

I know for a fact Johnson was gone if Notre Dame offered

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

I just saw this. What a joke.

I bet I can find a lot of posts of y'all loving on Oladokun.

Johnson didn't turn away ND. That's false.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Well if ya want a laugh there is a Sanders thread on hr. They are arguing about who has a better campus.:D

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

And you are a really big one on here.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Twedt. ha. Bruce ha.

They wanted Brecht no doubt. Their WR list pretty much started and ended with Noel, Michaud and Brecht. Had a chance there and lost out. Not having baseball didn't help.

Colby and Liddle were never going to ISU. That's just the way it goes on that side of the state. ISU wanted Llewellyn (who we wanted at TE) and was the first to offer Bowie. Bruce IMO they would have taken at RB, but he wanted to play WR. But I think that Sanders is every bit as good at RB as Bruce would have been.

The other guy ISU really wanted was Stephens. ISU passed on Harrell, Sharar, DeJean (I actually think he'll be good, but they got Freyler, who is a similar player).

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
They wanted Brecht no doubt. Their WR list pretty much started and ended with Noel, Michaud and Brecht. Had a chance there and lost out. Not having baseball didn't help.

Colby and Liddle were never going to ISU. That's just the way it goes on that side of the state. ISU wanted Llewellyn (who we wanted at TE) and was the first to offer Bowie. Bruce IMO they would have taken at RB, but he wanted to play WR. But I think that Sanders is every bit as good at RB as Bruce would have been.

The other guy ISU really wanted was Stephens. ISU passed on Harrell, Sharar, DeJean (I actually think he'll be good, but they got Freyler, who is a similar player).
The fact that they had a chance to land Brecht is a testament to ISU's staff and success. 5 years ago, Brecht would have committed to HOK on the spot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron