Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Also, same could be said for Iowa football with Fant, Hockenson, Amani Hooker, Wirfs, Epenesa, Geno Stone, Anthony Nelson, Josh Jackson, and James Daniels all declaring early. But yet, Iowa has still won more games than ISU.

I'm sorry, but it's not really comparable. Every single one of those players were on campus for 3+ years. Some played for 3 years and redshirted 1. In MBB, you can have a player show up in July, flash some potential in the winter, and he's gone in April. Football does not have that.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Also, same could be said for Iowa football with Fant, Hockenson, Amani Hooker, Wirfs, Epenesa, Geno Stone, Anthony Nelson, Josh Jackson, and James Daniels all declaring early. But yet, Iowa has still won more games than ISU.

This is an incredibly dumb comparison but I see my compadres are rightfully already dragging you for it

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Just think if the gap is 30 instead of 10. LOL
Pretty easy to figure out. Each spot higher in this case is worth 0.6 more wins in a 5 year span. Or, per year, each spot higher in recruiting would equal 0.12 more wins per year. Thus, assuming you stay 30 spots hire and win at the same rate (doubtful since Doyle is gone), that means next year you should win 3.6 more games than ISU.

There we go. The bar has been set. If Iowa doesn't win 3.6 more games than ISU they are a failure. Pretty easy. Thanks letting us do that.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
That is more than one win a year and probably at least a 10 spot difference in rankings so not sure what you are getting at. Iowa has ranked 18 spots better than ISU over the time span according to Sagarin.

Now if you really want to see who isn't getting the most out of recruiting classes, look at ISU bball. Woof!
Yes, it is 1.2 more wins per year. But since you cant have a 0.2 win, that means it is really 1 extra win. Cant say for rankings let alone how you are getting 10 spots higher? You doing end of season, average per week of the seasons, or what? How do you account for when one team isn't ranked at all (aka the time isu wasn't ranked or when iowa wasn't ranked)? To many variables and doesn't seem to really matter because in the end its wins that matter, not what some writer who probably never watched either of their games thinks. So that's the point. For all the hype you hawk fans bring about your stud recruiting classes and what not and how, in hawk fans words, "isu's recruiting class is trash" that you are ONLY getting 1 more win per year. You think with how y'all hype it up that the gap would be larger.

Ha, of course you wanna change it to basketball as y'all are good for once. Prohm has still done more in his time that Fran. But even though Prohm has absolutely smashed it out of the park on recruiting he definitely hasn't been able to put it together the last few years.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
All those players declared the same year? Wow, I didn't know that. It's almost like trying to replace a 22 man starting roster is much easier than a 5 man starting roster. Crazy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That’s an incredibly stupid take. If you can’t see why that’s not apples to apples, you’re dumber than I thought.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Johnson is pushing for that ND offer pretty hard FWIW

He is solid with Iowa. I was worried about him a few days ago, but he is solid. If the ND offer does come still 75/25 he’s a Hawk. There is a chance he would go to ND, but I got solid sources saying it wouldn’t be a done deal even if ND offers.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yes, it is 1.2 more wins per year. But since you cant have a 0.2 win, that means it is really 1 extra win. Cant say for rankings let alone how you are getting 10 spots higher? You doing end of season, average per week of the seasons, or what? How do you account for when one team isn't ranked at all (aka the time isu wasn't ranked or when iowa wasn't ranked)? To many variables and doesn't seem to really matter because in the end its wins that matter, not what some writer who probably never watched either of their games thinks. So that's the point. For all the hype you hawk fans bring about your stud recruiting classes and what not and how, in hawk fans words, "isu's recruiting class is trash" that you are ONLY getting 1 more win per year. You think with how y'all hype it up that the gap would be larger.

Ha, of course you wanna change it to basketball as y'all are good for once. Prohm has still done more in his time that Fran. But even though Prohm has absolutely smashed it out of the park on recruiting he definitely hasn't been able to put it together the last few years.

So basically a win better in four of those years and then two wins better in one of those years? Still not sure what you are trying to prove with this. Iowa recruits better and plays better. Seems to make perfect sense.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He is solid with Iowa. I was worried about him a few days ago, but he is solid. If the ND offer does come still 75/25 he’s a Hawk. There is a chance he would go to ND, but I got solid sources saying it wouldn’t be a done deal even if ND offers.
If Notre Dame offers he commits on the spot. Trust me on this one

• Winner
Reactions: cyclone4L