Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Well then Clemson and Bama shouldn’t be allowed in according to your reasoning.
Umm no they started on Time and actually are making up the games that they couldn't play. And the fact they weren't playing like 8 games to begin with and had it where the they could reschedule a game unlike the Big 10

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Deyo is a DT. Not even sure who Harris is or how either effect Iowa's top LB prospect
Arlen Harris is a 4 star RB. Deyo is a stud, a must get. Honestly, Imming or McLaughlin could be considered the top LB prospects.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
But I think he has a lower floor. McLaughlin looks like a high floor kind of guy.
Maybe. Either way it would be a huge loss for Iowa. I can't remember the last time (or if ever) a big Iowa fan that they prioritized on the recruiting trail chose Iowa State instead

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
But I think he has a lower floor. McLaughlin looks like a high floor kind of guy.

Makes perfect sense. Campbell always stresses recruiting kids that can develop to their full potential, Iowa apparently is more realistic basing more on what's the most they are guaranteed to get out of a kid they don't prioritize in their program, maybe it's a Doyle thing.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
What makes you think ISU would beat Iowa? The current AP poll? Lol
Current AP sure helps. But I also use this thing called my eyes and brain. I've watched Iowa play, they have looked average at best. You then look at that play vs the level of opponent it was done against. You've played two average teams and lost and played 3 horrible teams and won. So yea, you wouldn't be beating ISU this year. I would imagine the line would be anywhere from 9-11 points in favor of ISU. So again, what makes you think, other than what appears to be stupidity, makes you think you could beat texas, OU, or OSU who are all ranked in the top 25

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Current AP sure helps. But I also use this thing called my eyes and brain. I've watched Iowa play, they have looked average at best. You then look at that play vs the level of opponent it was done against. You've played two average teams and lost and played 3 horrible teams and won. So yea, you wouldn't be beating ISU this year. I would imagine the line would be anywhere from 9-11 points in favor of ISU. So again, what makes you think, other than what appears to be stupidity, makes you think you could beat texas, OU, or OSU who are all ranked in the top 25

I would love to see Petras have to navigate our defensive scheme this year. He would be more confused than Kirk when he found out he had a blind spot...