Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
1603742794755.png

Hok’s daddy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Disagree. You think the coach with the third or fourth most career wins within BIG league play won't get into the College Football HOF? I will take that bet.
I haven’t the slightest idea. I don’t really know anything about the college football Hall of Fame.
Would be the right thing to do to only use his time at Iowa. Those Maine years really hurt him bad. But I'm not sure how the CFB HOF applies their rules.
KF gets in the College Football HOF. He wouldn't be the first in with a less than 60% winning percentage. He is well respected and that matters.

You guys still good with these answers for Kirk making the hall of fame?
There's $200 to charity riding on it.
With a mellow off season and a beatdown of Purdue, I feel like Kirk can really rack up some wins now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
With a mellow off season and a beatdown of Purdue, I feel like Kirk can really rack up some wins now.
This bet isn’t even an issue yet. His win % isn’t there. That is like making odds on you banging Pam Anderson.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I would be shocked if KF is not a hall of famer due to longevity and quite a few wins. Now if the racial issue becomes more advanced it could be an issue? Is Joe Pa still in the hall or did they take him out?

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
also has to be able to overcome that whole racism issue though..

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would be shocked if KF is not a hall of famer due to longevity and quite a few wins. Now if the racial issue becomes more advanced it could be an issue? Is Joe Pa still in the hall or did they take him out?
His win percentage is under 60% which is the threshold to get in

Coaches become eligible for the Hall of Fame three full seasons after retirement or immediately after retirement if he is at least 70 years old, while active coaches become eligible at 75 years of age. Coaches must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years and coached at least 100 games with a winning percentage in excess of 60%.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nwankpa is going to go to Ohio State. He liked our coaching staff but it was always a slim chance. Was told he was never seriously considering Iowa after the racial stuff