Iowa Football Recruiting

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Look
Guess I got it right. Also, I added a bit to my post. I don't remember Iowa playing in the orange bowl after 2014
Exactly. I hate when any fans do that. When I look at recent success, I look at the past 5 seasons for Iowa and ISU football. This has been the greatest stretch for either team over the last 25 years. Iowa went undefeated in a regular season which is impressive no matter the schedule, has won 3 straight bowl games, has beaten both tOSU and Michigan over that stretch, and has been ranked every year at some point in the season. ISU has now risen to a nationally acclaimed program, has made 3 straight bowl games, and now has started putting players in the NFL. It’s this success that has made the state of Iowa a top 5 football state.

Reactions: BCClone

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Michigan with Nico/Bell
Both them are good, but they really didn’t live up to the hype they had. I mean if you watch how they did against Iowa, tOSU, PSU, and Wisconsin they were no where to be found. They did well against bad teams but when they played real defenses, they were exposed.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Look

Exactly. I hate when any fans do that. When I look at recent success, I look at the past 5 seasons for Iowa and ISU football. This has been the greatest stretch for either team over the last 25 years. Iowa went undefeated in a regular season which is impressive no matter the schedule, has won 3 straight bowl games, has beaten both tOSU and Michigan over that stretch, and has been ranked every year at some point in the season. ISU has now risen to a nationally acclaimed program, has made 3 straight bowl games, and now has started putting players in the NFL. It’s this success that has made the state of Iowa a top 5 football state.
He was being douchey so I was being technical with him. NY6 bowls didn’t start until 2014 technically. It was BCS or whatever they were called back then. It’s like yammering about January bowls when the semi finals are played in December. There are other solid bowls between Christmas and New Years also. Alamo was a very nice one, holiday has slipped a bit but still a great destination and a solid bowl. Several others but that should be enough.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Both them are good, but they really didn’t live up to the hype they had. I mean if you watch how they did against Iowa, tOSU, PSU, and Wisconsin they were no where to be found. They did well against bad teams but when they played real defenses, they were exposed.
When did Iowa's WR ball out vs good defenses?

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
When did Iowa's WR ball out vs good defenses?
I’m not saying they balled out, just that they looked better. When Iowa played PSU, Mich, and ISU our WR play was much better then it looked. Having a QB that struggles with accuracy can do that.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I've always said Breece is a good one. It's too bad he didn't get to play for Oklahoma or Iowa like he wanted to.
He never wanted to play for Iowa. Not sure where the Oklahoma comment comes from? But then again, who wouldn't want to play for a blue blood. if they have a legit offer. Sad some of Iowa's current recruits spots got filler offers until those teams got who they wanted and had to settle for Iowa

• Funny
Reactions: 1776

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Except when Iowa won the Orange Bowl but I can see why clone fans ignore that as well. Hey can you tell me why according to Sagarin isu would only win 7 games playing Iowa’s 2019 schedule? Also why is it the same site has Iowa winning 10 games in 2019 playing isu’s schedule?

Yikes
The Orange Bowl wasn't apart of the New Years six bowls then.....because the New Years six bowl thing didn't even exist then. Wif and miss.

NOT TO MENTION, that game was played AFTER New Years day. January 5, 2010 to be exact. So even then, still not a new years six bowl. Even bigger wiff on your part. Yikes

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
The Orange Bowl wasn't apart of the New Years six bowls then.....because the New Years six bowl thing didn't even exist then. Wif and miss.

NOT TO MENTION, that game was played AFTER New Years day. January 5, 2010 to be exact. So even then, still not a new years six bowl. Even bigger wiff on your part. Yikes

Talk about a horrible troll here. The Orange Bowl has always been a prestigious New Year's bowl game.

Reactions: SlowStarts

SlowStarts

Sep 14, 2020
I forgive clone fans for not understanding what the most prestigious bowls are. It is a foreign concept to you all.

Maybe someday isu fans do something other than dream about such things.

Last edited:

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
He never wanted to play for Iowa. Not sure where the Oklahoma comment comes from? But then again, who wouldn't want to play for a blue blood. if they have a legit offer. Sad some of Iowa's current recruits spots got filler offers until those teams got who they wanted and had to settle for Iowa
It’s pretty well know that he was waiting for an Oklahoma offer. When he didn’t get it, he called around to other schools (including Iowa). When those schools said “no thanks”, he went with his backup plan. Big miss on Iowa’s part. Him and Goodson would be quite the combo. Hall is a good one.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s pretty well know that he was waiting for an Oklahoma offer. When he didn’t get it, he called around to other schools (including Iowa). When those schools said “no thanks”, he went with his backup plan. Big miss on Iowa’s part. Him and Goodson would be quite the combo. Hall is a good one.
Be better

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That would be news to him and his mother.

Reactions: SouthernCy