Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Yeah I don't know. Stanley was the topic and I just mentioned him being another Iowa starting QB drafted. Pretty cool accomplishment and something any program would be proud of.
Amazes me what you choose to be proud of?
crazy what they have "to be proud of" considering the recent news out of the program.. seems they need to hold on to anything that is mediocre at best...

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
crazy what they have "to be proud of" considering the recent news out of the program.. seems they need to hold on to anything that is mediocre at best...

Gonzo is a pretty easy read. He's scared they won't be able to hold together their prize recruiting class knowing the future isn't looking so bright. Price you pay for not Being willing to accept the obvious.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gonzo is a pretty easy read. He's scared they won't be able to hold together their prize recruiting class knowing the future isn't looking so bright. Price you pay for not willing to accept the obvious.

I don't think the future for the 2020 season is looking bright for anyone. As for Iowa's 2021 class, we'll see if there are any decommits but seems to be holding pretty strong. As for the program, lots of work to do but it sounds like lots of positive things are happening.

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don't think the future for the 2020 season is looking bright for anyone. As for Iowa's 2021 class, we'll see if there are any decommits but seems to be holding pretty strong. As for the program, lots of work to do but it sounds like lots of positive things are happening.
You say that so well I bet you're starting to believe it.

Reactions: CyTwins and Gonzo

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I wouldn't want to talk about ISU's class either if I were you.

I'm OK with what the former and current players are OK with. Judging from the recent vocal support of Jaleel, Daniels, DJK about all the positive changes happening, and indications that there's a pretty amazing energy in the lockerroom, seems like they're ok with where things are at. That's what matters to me. Sorry, I know you're rooting for racism and don't want things to get better for them.
It is hard to follow. DJK can now be an authority on things relating to Iowa football? Seems like a big flip from when he could t be

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I don't think that they're going to release any of the individual personnel reports.. They could get leaked out or something, but I'm willing to bet those will be kept under wraps for a long time.

I think the fact that Brian was heavily involved in all of this thoroughly screwed everything up. Had his name not been Ferentz, there's no doubt in my mind he would've been placed on leave like Doyle and then fired after all of this.

Kirk mostly plead ignorance and because of that, is going to be able to fix the issues within his program. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's just the reality of the situation and I hope actual change is made and that change doesn't not revert back to the mean down the line.
Lol, Kirk is going to "fix" the issue within his program. That was a good one!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Nate seems like a good guy, rooting for him.
As a Viking fan I feel like I'm obligated to root for him. That said, the current backup is a bum imo. Stanley should be getting a shot to backup Kirk, although I'm fairly certain if kirk does go down the team won't win a lot of games, regardless

• Agree
Reactions: TRYHARDER

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As a Viking fan I feel like I'm obligated to root for him. That said, the current backup is a bum imo. Stanley should be getting a shot to backup Kirk, although I'm fairly certain if kirk does go down the team won't win a lot of games, regardless

Is Stanley even going to make the roster?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As someone that casually watches the Vikings, if I had to predict, I'd say he doesn't this fall, is on the practice squad, then makes the roster next fall.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Who knows honestly. He's probably a practice squad guy, but the vikings carried Sean Mannion all last season when he probably shouldn't have been on an active roster either

Help Support Us

Become a patron