Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
First Parks. Now Alt. Wouldn’t be surprised if they miss out on a lot more.

Hok said a few weeks ago “see! This isn’t going to affect recruiting! We are going to grow from this.” Whether they grow or not, KKKirk at the helm is and will always affect recruiting after this.

Oh yea, they ain’t gonna get Maro either.

We have 4 OL in this class rated higher than Alt, three of whom had way better offer lists. I don't think we've lost a single commit in the past 3-4 weeks and actually had a stud DB re-commit. But I do understand why you'd want to talk about anything other than ISU's class right now.

And LOL at Maro. He doesn't even have an Iowa offer. Yeah, you sure stuck it to us on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrianglePlace

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020

Hok said a few weeks ago “see! This isn’t going to affect recruiting! We are going to grow from this.” Whether they grow or not, KKKirk at the helm is and will always affect recruiting after this.

We never wanted Maro

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Wait. So, you think Iowa's OL is better than ND's?

Our 2021 OL class is definitely better. Not sure what ND's roster looks like, I was talking about young OL talent, guys who will still have 3+ years left once Alt would get there. We're pretty stacked.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

I think Iowa is Myslinski or nothing along the OL for additional OL commits in 2021. Maro doesn't even have an Iowa offer.

And define "miss out on a lot more". We are only taking 4-5 more and are only actively recruiting about 8 kids that have offers.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Our 2021 OL class is definitely better. Not sure what ND's roster looks like, I was talking about young OL talent, guys who will still have 3+ years left once Alt would get there. We're pretty stacked.
I'd take ND's line 10 out of 10 times. Regardless of a single class. Especially since the racist strength coach is gone.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think Iowa is Myslinski or nothing along the OL for additional OL commits in 2021. Maro doesn't even have an Iowa offer.

And define "miss out on a lot more". We are only taking 4-5 more and are only actively recruiting about 8 kids that have offers.

Crazy offer list for him. Could be a nice follow-up to Linderbomb at C.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Honestly, Hawkeye fans I know always said that Doyle was the reason for the Hawkeye Line success. You don’t think there will be any change?

Obviously there will be change. But it's not like Doyle was out there teaching the OL blocking technique. Braithwaite has been with Iowa's S&C program for 15 years, that'll help I think with the transition.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Which is a mistake because you aren't get Alt or any other OL offered
We have 4 very good lineman already committed and I’m not sold on Alt backing off. I’m sure we can take some other kid whose not very well know and turn him into the next Marshall Yanda, Robert Gallery, Brandon Scherff, etc.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That's a surprise.
Is it though?

The Crimson Tide and Badgers led most of the categories analyzed, and though offensive linemen can be difficult to evaluate individually, when you look at the draft results for both teams, it's easy to see why these two top the list. It will be difficult to dethrone these two programs, but Oklahoma and Notre Dame have been making a big push as of late. The Irish in particular have had a run of top offensive linemen taken in the NFL draft and seemingly have more on the way.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...which-schools-produce-most-talent-position#OL

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Is it though?

The Crimson Tide and Badgers led most of the categories analyzed, and though offensive linemen can be difficult to evaluate individually, when you look at the draft results for both teams, it's easy to see why these two top the list. It will be difficult to dethrone these two programs, but Oklahoma and Notre Dame have been making a big push as of late. The Irish in particular have had a run of top offensive linemen taken in the NFL draft and seemingly have more on the way.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...which-schools-produce-most-talent-position#OL

In the past 10 years Iowa has had 8 OL drafted to ND's 6. ND has had 4 first rounders to Iowa's 3. They've both had 1 second rounder.

ND has had a nice run in the last five years, with 4 of their 6 OL drafted between 2016-20. Iowa has had 3 of their 8 OL drafted in the last five years.

Iowa has had at least 1 OL drafted in 6 of the last 10 drafts. ND has had at least 1 OL drafted in 3 of the last 10 years, going 7 drafts since 2011 with zero OL taken.

Obviously both are really good OL programs.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Losing John Alt's kid hurts no matter what you want to say. Fact is most TEs that switch to Tackle usually don't have the elite ranking, however many times develop into the best OTs due to their athletic ability.

Just keep whistling in the dark.

What's funny Gonzo is you're coming to the realization I've been saying from the beginning. If you want to see the Iowa program go to ****. Let them keep their racist staff.

Last edited:

May 7, 2020
Losing John Alt's kid hurts no matter what you want to say. Fact is most TEs that switch to Tackle usually don't have the elite ranking, however many times develop into the best OTs due to their athletic ability.

Just keep whistling in the dark.

What's funny Gonzo is you're coming to the realization I've been saying from the beginning. If you want to see the Iowa program go to ****. Let them keep their racist staff.

So you will be ok with Iowa keeping KF?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

You get this info from your weekly meeting with the staff to discuss recruiting?