Iowa Football Recruiting

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Well it's the TOE's most important game so the odds maker will put some weight on that. Plus it's at that dump with the pink locker rooms so you get a few points for that. But Purdy is going to light them up, and the TOE probably won't be able to muster up more than 2 or 3 FGs. It's going to be a blood bath in my opinion.
what was your prediction the last 3 years? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were predicting a bloodbath then too? In 2016 everybody on both sides seen that beating coming but to predict anything lopsided in this game tends to be a big mistake. Could ISU win? sure. But i would guess it to be by less than a TD either way.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wait, did Iowa actually win last year? Last I heard Randy Peterson was looking for video footage of a controversial holding call that supposedly cost the clones the game. He actually posted out a request on Twitter (soon after the game) - for any info leading him to the footage, so hopefully someone was able to help him out. I know it's tough finding replay video of college football games these days. So basically, I'm just waiting for Randy to make the final call on whether that was a legit Iowa win or not.

I think Randy was then going to investigate the controversial press box windows (at Baylor Stadium) that reflected sun light directly at the ISU sideline...and ultimately cost the clones the game against Baylor (last year). Hopefully he will have his investigations wrapped up before the new season starts....but who knows, with the COVID19 going on.
giphy.gif

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Wait, did Iowa actually win last year? Last I heard Randy Peterson was looking for video footage of a controversial holding call that supposedly cost the clones the game. He actually posted out a request on Twitter (soon after the game) - for any info leading him to the footage, so hopefully someone was able to help him out. I know it's tough finding replay video of college football games these days. So basically, I'm just waiting for Randy to make the final call on whether that was a legit Iowa win or not.

I think Randy was then going to investigate the controversial press box windows (at Baylor Stadium) that reflected sun light directly at the ISU sideline...and ultimately cost the clones the game against Baylor (last year). Hopefully he will have his investigations wrapped up before the new season starts....but who knows, with the COVID19 going on.
There are plenty of isu fans here that have still pictures where they claim holding didn’t exist. Don’t you dare post your own pics of isu holding on the play. Clone fans will get really annoyed and take their ball and go home.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I'm sorry if you are a degenerate gambler. I hope you get some help. Also, and I know you aren't very smart so I'll try to make this clear. "More than 2 touchdowns" does not mean 21 points. In football there are other ways to score, like Field Goals for example. So if ISU wins by 17 points, that will be by more than 2 touchdowns (14 points).
Maybe that's all too complicated for you. But keep trying, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.
So you will give me 17 points and the Hawks? Fine how much is the bet?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
you can make fun of Randy all you want. He probably deserves it. But everybody knows that we got ripped off last game. It's fine, we will take it out on you in the Fall and leave no doubt who the better team is.

Huh? I only know of a select few that haven't stopped crying about some holding or non-holding call that either happened or didn't.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Probably only 5 or so because it's at that dump. But we win but more than 2 touchdowns this year.
It will be a closer game than it should be. It always is. But I agree we win. I know they will plan all off season for this game, but we will be much better than Iowa so I expect us to pull this one out.

May 7, 2020
what was your prediction the last 3 years? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were predicting a bloodbath then too? In 2016 everybody on both sides seen that beating coming but to predict anything lopsided in this game tends to be a big mistake. Could ISU win? sure. But i would guess it to be by less than a TD either way.
I have never made a prediction before.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If the season starts on time and the non-conference schedule is played, I reckon Iowa will be a 3 point favorite.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
It will be a closer game than it should be. It always is. But I agree we win. I know they will plan all off season for this game, but we will be much better than Iowa so I expect us to pull this one out.

The same thing clone fans said last year. Then with gameday there was no way isu would lose.

oops

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So you will give me 17 points and the Hawks? Fine how much is the bet?
I'll go in on the bet with you lol. Let's double this thing. No way either team is beating the other by 17 points imo.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Huh? I only know of a select few that haven't stopped crying about some holding or non-holding call that either happened or didn't.
I swear if someone brings up that call again.. lol.

LET IT GO.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Overall the officiating heavily favored the TOE.
8 flags were thrown the entire game. 4 on each side. Iowa had 15 yards worth of penalties vs. Iowa State's 21 yards. 6 yards did not lose us the game.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
you can make fun of Randy all you want. He probably deserves it. But everybody knows that we got ripped off last game. It's fine, we will take it out on you in the Fall and leave no doubt who the better team is.

Been hearing that for a long time in football and basketball. You did end up backing it up in basketball once in the last 4 years though, so congrats on that.

May 18, 2020
Agree. Baylor having press box windows aiming sun-light at the opposing team sideline is shady. Clones definitely have a legit gripe on that one. Hopefully the big12 makes Baylor cover up those windows in the future.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I agree, ISU has managed to keep it closer than it should have been the last few years, but I've come to expect that being ISU Super Bowl and all.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree. Baylor having press box windows aiming sun-light at the opposing team sideline is shady. Clones definitely have a legit gripe on that one. Hopefully the big12 makes Baylor cover up those windows in the future.
Baylor's pretty good at covering things up too.

Reactions: CyTwins

May 7, 2020
Here I thought you had so much confidence in your prediction that no amount of money would dissuade you.
I don't make bets with random people on the internet. I'll bet on the game, but not with you.