Iowa Football Recruiting

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Lol Minnesota's schedule was a joke last year and you know it. So weird you guys always stick up for your "rival" on here to try to put down Iowa State
Facts are facts. Their schedule wasn't killer but they also had 2 wins that were way bigger than any of your 7. Gophs def need to upgrade their non-conf schedule.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
He took over for Paul Rhoads who couldn't recruit that position. CMC is great at evaluation of the OL, just wait and see
Man I hope so. Four full seasons and we've not been great yet and basically starting over next season.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So Iowa isn’t going to take anymore DEs this class?

Not anymore strong side DE’s apparently. Already have Bowie and Llewelyn in 2021, plus a couple in last year’s class as well. Still looking for a weak side DE in this class though.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Players with no other offers or one offer that are/were good outside of Rose and Butler

2016:
Payne
Wirtel
Soehner (only an Illinois offer)
Johnson (only a Rutgers offer)

2017:
Vance
Hummel
Newell (only Iowa)
Eaton (only WVU)

2018 and 2019 are probably too early to to tell but I know Johnson and King didn't have any P5 offers

Ouch. That is pretty dreadful production there. Payne had a Maryland offer (had to check, as you like to lie about things). So basically your list of guys with no other P5 that the "great evaluator CMC" had hits on includes a long snapper (and ISU was still dreadful on special teams) and 2 LB?

If you are gonna include guys that had 1 other offer from P5 schools Ferentz list would include Hockenson and Wirfs. Those two alone blow away all the 1 offer guys who were just decent starters on CMC's list. Let alone all the 0 offer guys like Hooker and Stone, and the walk-on's as well.

If anything you have only shown me that CMC is successful because he does bring in better talent, kids that other P5 schools actually wanted. This class actually looks worse after your information. CMC has plenty of time though to turn it around with this class, he could pull some of those scholarship and get better guys yet.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
What position does Campbell struggle to evaluate at?

All of them if your information is correct. I mean Ok, he has gotten 2 pretty good LB that had 0 other P5 offers and a long snapper. Otherwise your list didn't include anything.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Fleck is definitely a step ahead of Campbell at this point. 11 win season, top ten finish, and a big bowl win. Not that concerned about him tho, he'll be out of there soon. Good riddance, can't stand the guy. I'd much rather have a beer with Campbell.

I hate Fleck with a passion. I think he is more cult leader than head coach, in that it is all about himself. CMC is twice the coach Fleck is.

The only thing is Fleck has done a way better job than CMC if you look at it objectively. Top 10 season, killing it recruiting wise. Compare his class to ISU's right now. Only 1 of his 13 commits didn't have another P5 offer, and Fleck beat ISU on many of the guys they have.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Lol Minnesota's schedule was a joke last year and you know it. So weird you guys always stick up for your "rival" on here to try to put down Iowa State

You are actually correct about this one. ISU's schedule was tougher than Minnesota's in 5 out of 5 BSC bowl metrics.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All of them if your information is correct. I mean Ok, he has gotten 2 pretty good LB that had 0 other P5 offers and a long snapper. Otherwise your list didn't include anything.

Wait what? You think Campbell struggles to evaluate recruits?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Campbell has not had much success at all with kids that had 0 other P5 offers, thanks for providing the data that showed that.

What are you talking about? You just said Campbell struggles to evaluate recruits and now you're saying he's not good at recruiting. You're all over the place.

Ferentz has a major hole in his evaluations in positions like WR and RB. Campbell doesn't have any holes in his. That's the difference

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
What are you talking about? You just said Campbell struggles to evaluate recruits and now you're saying he's not good at recruiting. You're all over the place.

Ferentz has a major hole in his evaluations in positions like WR and RB. Campbell doesn't have any holes in his. That's the difference

This is about recruits with 0 other P5 offers. That was my original point, and my point now. No matter how hard you try to move the goalposts, this is still the fact.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What position does Campbell struggle to evaluate at?

What are you talking about? I asked you what position does Campbell struggle to evaluate at and you said all of them. Toy really think Campbell struggles to evaluate talent and if so what position?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
What are you talking about? I asked you what position does Campbell struggle to evaluate at and you said all of them. Toy really think Campbell struggles to evaluate talent and if so what position?

I originally said that CMC is struggling with this class, that 0 P5 offer kids aren't a good thing to be getting a majority of. You said you weren't worried because CMC can "evaluate talent". If you weren't talking about evaluating 0 P5 offer kids, what were you talking about? I am talking about kids with 0 P5 offers, CMC does just fine when he goes after kids that other P5 schools have evaluated and want as well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I originally said that CMC is struggling with this class, that 0 P5 offer kids aren't a good thing to be getting a majority of. You said you weren't worried because CMC can "evaluate talent". If you weren't talking about evaluating 0 P5 offer kids, what were you talking about? I am talking about kids with 0 P5 offers, CMC does just fine when he goes after kids that other P5 schools have evaluated and want as well.

Oh so you're the one moving the goal posts? Got it

So where does a player like Kolar fit who didn't have a P5 offer until 8 months after he committed?