Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ferentz is great at developing talent and teaching technique. He is ok as a game day strategic coach.

In the trenches and defense he is. I would say he's poor at developing talent with offensive skill position players outside of tight ends

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
In the trenches and defense he is. I would say he's poor at developing talent with offensive skill position players outside of tight ends

I would say RB and WR rely more on talent than on development and he hasn't been able to recruit top level talent at those positions.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would say RB and WR rely more on talent than on development and he hasn't been able to recruit top level talent at those positions.

Still can't believe he didn't land Brock after having him on campus so much. That one hurt

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
So the kid will most likely face them ONE time during his career, during the regular season. Red shirt his first year, play them 22 and transferred or graduate by the time Iowa plays them again in 25.

Looking at the best team in the Big 12, Oklahoma, we get to face them in 19,20,21,22,23, 24 and 25, just adding a little context here.

Better figure out how to beat Iowa first. Been a while now.

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
Yea right.

Beating hoks gets you about 2 hours of bragging rights before they bring up their dominance in field hockey.

You dimwads stay focused on your instate rival. We'll focus on beating teams that matter.

Now that both teams are Top 25 caliber, it is as huge non conference match-up outside of the "Super Bowl" shtick both fan bases try and push.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins