Iowa Football Recruiting

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Midnight Madness and the first practice is seen by nearly everyone as the start of the basketball season. They were already well past that and into regular practice for the season.

So if he quit 30 minutes before tip off of the first game, has he not technically quit during the season under your logic?

I think coaches, players and nearly everyone would disagree with you there.

dan...it was always dan. lol.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe Cy is right, I did find this pic of Matt Thomas on Twitter from February 2016

507060825-overweight-topless-man-at-seaside-fat-man-gettyimages.jpg

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Every single coach and player would disagree with you, but you don't need to try and change the subject now because you are clearly wrong. Simply admit you are wrong and you will save a little face.

Ok, done with you now. Please leave me alone or I will report you for targeting me. Thank you for understanding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You should be banned (again) just for that line alone.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Every single coach and player would disagree with you, but you don't need to try and change the subject now because you are clearly wrong. Simply admit you are wrong and you will save a little face.

Ok, done with you now. Please leave me alone or I will report you for targeting me. Thank you for understanding.
giphy.gif

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
And fat back, supposedly fat back is like bacon on steroids, you know. I've never tried fat back, probably because it's called 'fat back'. I don't know what creeps me out more - fat or back. Why don't they just throw in hairy while they're at it? "That's some good hairy fat back. That reminds me, your uncle called."

-Jim Gaffigan

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Iowa added another CB from Texas. Four recruits since this weekend. That tailgater thing they did really paid off.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not a bad few days of recruiting. Isn't easy getting good WRs to a run-first program. Bell was always going to stay in the Pac, would've liked landing him. Buckley would be the real coup. And Oliver Martin seems likely, even though he picked up a Michigan St. offer. Top-15 class. I'll take it.

hawxrox09

Sep 2, 2010
You guys were able to pry the 2 today away from Kansas, Wisconsin, Texas Tech, Utah, Illinois, Duke, Missouri, Colorado, Houston, etc. etc. Nice job!

FIFY. Decent commits, nothing crazy for Iowa.

It sounds like Buckley (the 4* WR) might be close to committing but will wait until his July 22nd visit.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa is putting a great class together but that's expected in the offseason after a rose bowl and big ten champ appearance. Funny thing is, they still aren't that far ahead of ISU's class to date. Another thing that has been entertaining, is the butt hurt from hawk fans on social media about the excitement of ISU fans and the staff about the recruiting efforts. God forbid fans get excited for something they haven't seen from a staff before.

At the time of this post, the difference is 19 with one fewer commit. No butthurt here.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
All I know about this thread is we have people fighting with Hawk trolls (again), and I'm suddenly craving Taco John's