Iowa Football Recruiting

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
No more B10 divisions, makes sense to get best two Teams in Championship. Makes it much harder for Iowa to get in that game

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
In case anybody is wondering, according to Iowa posters:
2 LB commits with a combined 3 additional P5 offers is a great haul
3 LB commits with a combined 3 additional P5 offers is terrible and reaching

Makes total sense.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Does anybody want to guess how many Iowa commits have 0 additional P5 offers (spoiler, a higher percentage than 1/3)?

IMG_2561.jpeg

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Does anybody want to guess how many Iowa commits have 0 additional P5 offers (spoiler, a higher percentage than 1/3)?

View attachment 113830
Looks like they have four with two of them being four stars that committed back in 2021. Both staffs have shown the ability to develop lower rated players well so I think both staffs have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to offering guys with no other P5 offers.

• Agree
Reactions: 1776

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Looks like they have four with two of them being four stars that committed back in 2021. Both staffs have shown the ability to develop lower rated players well so I think both staffs have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to offering guys with no other P5 offers.
I would agree for defenses. Neither have shown the ability to really develop players consistently on offense. Iowa maybe with the line and us maybe with RB, but both brought in some guys that came in already at all conference level and left largely the same.

Purdy is a good example of seemingly plateauing at a great (for ISU) level almost instantly and playing arguably better once he left and got proper positional coaching.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
I would agree for defenses. Neither have shown the ability to really develop players consistently on offense. Iowa maybe with the line and us maybe with RB, but both brought in some guys that came in already at all conference level and left largely the same.

Purdy is a good example of seemingly plateauing at a great (for ISU) level almost instantly and playing arguably better once he left and got proper positional coaching.
I'm sure there is but idk if there is another staff that has a better eye for RB talent then this one. That is a position I will never question an offer.

• Agree
Reactions: 1776 and Jer

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
I'm sure there is but idk if there is another staff that has a better eye for RB talent then this one. That is a position I will never question an offer.
I recall one year Auburn had Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Brandon Jacob's all on the same damn team. Talk about having some RB depth!

Anyway, how the he'll does Iowa beat us for a WR????

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
You’ll have ask duhJeff. 0 for 7 on mutual offers.
Yes, ISU should be super upset about losing out on a WR from a 2A school in the middle of no where Iowa. Most of the Iowa commits from Iowa are from the eastern side of the state and are from smaller schools. ISU has bigger fish to fry in this class

I, personally, would rather get a RB from Gilbert, Arizona than from Adel, Iowa.

Who are the 7 you’re referring to?

• Haha
Reactions: 1776