Iowa Football Recruiting

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I said if Iowa offered they are a stud. There are different level of stud. Downing is not a Wirfs or Kallenberger level stud. He is a Jenkins, Banwart, Williams level stud.

And if Downing had committed to Iowa, then he would have been on the same level as Wirfs or Kallenberger according to Iowa fans. This stuff is just stupid to argue.

Nobody knows who will be better until 3-5 years from now most likely. I knew ISU should have offered Josey Jewell when he had no offers late and was just hoping for a good offer, but nope, Rhoads didn't pull the trigger like an idiot. You could tell just watching tape of Jewell he was going to be a stud. Great athlete and a baller. And I'm sure Iowa had wished they pulled the trigger and offered Jake Knott too. You never know.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Which means absolutely nothing, that's what I'm saying oh brilliant one.

Remember the year Iowa had like a top 10 recruiting class and they landed all those stud OL, and hardly any of them panned out. Or the year they landed the 5 star OL out of Atlantic, and he never played a down for Iowa. It doesn't mean a whole lot.

hawxrox09

Sep 2, 2010
Remember the year Iowa had like a top 10 recruiting class and they landed all those stud OL, and hardly any of them panned out.

Lol.. wow.... you mean the class that won them an Orange Bowl and sent 2 lineman to the NFL (would've been 3 if Dace Richardson didn't have so many injuries)including pro bowler Marshall Yanda?

Reactions: YeahBuddy

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
And if Downing had committed to Iowa, then he would have been on the same level as Wirfs or Kallenberger according to Iowa fans. This stuff is just stupid to argue.

Nobody knows who will be better until 3-5 years from now most likely. I knew ISU should have offered Josey Jewell when he had no offers late and was just hoping for a good offer, but nope, Rhoads didn't pull the trigger like an idiot. You could tell just watching tape of Jewell he was going to be a stud. Great athlete and a baller. And I'm sure Iowa had wished they pulled the trigger and offered Jake Knott too. You never know.

You are right nobody knows how a kid will develop. With 18 years of data for Ferentz we know the odds are pretty high that the OL recruits will turn out pretty good at Iowa.

Wirfs was a Army AA, that is a different level than Downing. It just is. I would have loved to have gotten Downing, only because Iowa wanted him. Im confident that Jenkins is as good if not better than Downing and Iowa will unearth another equally as good OL before it's all said and done. Good get for ISU, as you need some better OL play for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Nice get for ISU program, smart choice for him. He’d be buried on the depth chart on the OL at Iowa. He’ll be able to step in early and play a big role on the ISU line.

I love the taste of we didn't want him anyway.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron