Iowa Football Recruiting

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Future Hawkeye proving he'll fit right in with KKKirk and Brands...
I bunked with Brian Ferentz in section 8 housing... he was on top.

Ok, sorry, but, what? There's an investigation over players from opposing teams getting chippy in pileups and talking crap to one another? Does this not happen in every game? When I was in HS I had a guy at the bottom of a pile twist my leg to the point where it sprained my MCL causing me to miss 3 games. Talking crap in piles and between plays was just a normal thing against heated rivals. I was expecting this to be a much bigger deal.

• Dumb
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Ok, sorry, but, what? There's an investigation over players from opposing teams getting chippy in pileups and talking crap to one another? Does this not happen in every game? When I was in HS I had a guy at the bottom of a pile twist my leg to the point where it sprained my MCL causing me to miss 3 games. Talking crap in piles and between plays was just a normal thing against heated rivals. I was expecting this to be a much bigger deal.
So YOU were that guy. My bad. ;)

Your point is well taken, however. Yep, I have had similar things happen to me when I was at the bottom of the pile playing high school ball. Hell, we even did it playing sandlot ball in grade school.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So YOU were that guy. My bad. ;)

Your point is well taken, however. Yep, I have had similar things happen to me when I was at the bottom of the pile playing high school ball. Hell, we even did it playing sandlot ball in grade school.

It might've only been 2 games, can't remember. Part of me wonders if this is only a story because it happened to Dowling.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

He just forgot he was playing football and not wrestling. Went for a leg lace!

But seriously that's a bad take. Oh it happened when I was in HS is a lame excuse to justify intentionally injuring a person. That leg laces type of action with both legs is seriously dangerous. In wrestling, you have the option to turn and avoid the knee/ankle injury. When you're at the bottom of a pile with guys on top of you, you dont and you get hurt.

Now that doesn't mean Kueter is a dirty player, but it's without a doubt something that does not have a place in the game at any level. I'd chalk this up to his team getting their asses kicked up and down the field and being young, bruised ego, etc.

Reactions: bozclone

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
No way is Brian the head coach. It'll be like Snyder when he retired at KSU and wanted his son to take over. Barta won't do that and there will likely be some bad blood there but you can't bury the program like that.
Barta is an idiot, so it could happen.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He just forgot he was playing football and not wrestling. Went for a leg lace!

But seriously that's a bad take. Oh it happened when I was in HS is a lame excuse to justify intentionally injuring a person. That leg laces type of action with both legs is seriously dangerous. In wrestling, you have the option to turn and avoid the knee/ankle injury. When you're at the bottom of a pile with guys on top of you, you dont and you get hurt.

Now that doesn't mean Kueter is a dirty player, but it's without a doubt something that does not have a place in the game at any level. I'd chalk this up to his team getting their asses kicked up and down the field and being young, bruised ego, etc.

But wasn't the first "dirty" play they showed by a Dowling guy?

And I didn't say it was ok or justified. My point is that I'd bet there's "chippyness" in most HS games, just seems weird to me that it's a lead sports story on KCCI and there's an investigation into it. Lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Idk about making this the main story, because it’s not like this was some huge brawl or fans coming out onto the field, but this is a bad look.

I too have gotten **** twisted, grabbed, even bitten on the bottom of the pile, when the camera catches you finishing a play alligator rolling a guy’s knee, you’re most likely going to get a suspension from the state.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I can tell you with certainty that barring some sort of insane turnaround BF will not be the next head coach at Iowa. A number of Iowa's biggest boosters have been applying pressure on Barta to force KF to make a change after the season is over. Ultimately KF works for Barta as we all know but don't be at all surprised if BF leaves after this season. He won't be demoted to O-Line coach. He would leave so he and KF could save face.
Actually, Bart's is BF immediate supervisor.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I can tell you with certainty that barring some sort of insane turnaround BF will not be the next head coach at Iowa. A number of Iowa's biggest boosters have been applying pressure on Barta to force KF to make a change after the season is over. Ultimately KF works for Barta as we all know but don't be at all surprised if BF leaves after this season. He won't be demoted to O-Line coach. He would leave so he and KF could save face.
Not so fast my friend.

I am not at all certain this is how things are in reality. With KF's lifetime contract, what options does Barta have?

I think KF can Barta's life much more difficult than vice versa. I thought maybe Barta would use the legal scuffle to fire a shot across KFs bow but doesn't seem like that happened?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

chris-farley.gif

Reactions: cyclone1209

Help Support Us

Become a patron