Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I won’t go as far to say the Big Ten West is good but it’s not nearly as bad as people on this board claim it is. The issue is the Big Ten East is stacked by comparison.

Basically every metric you could point to (NFL talent, head to head records, recruiting rankings) proves this out but some of you want to ride that narrative and that’s fine. I get that it’s hard to objective about your rival(s), I get that.
Nebraska, Illinois and Purdue (minus last year) are free wins. And Northwestern has either been in the B1G title or one of the worst P5 football teams the last 4 years lol.

That means generally speaking, that side of the conference has 3 piss poor teams in it. The other side is arguably just as worse as far as having bad teams, but they have all the power houses on that side. Choose PSU, OSU or Michigan and put them in the B1G West and any of them win the division every single year. The best team in the West every year gets absolutely embarrassed every single year lol.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
2 conference championships in 23 years is unfair considering there's only been a conference championship for what 10-12 years? Could be 5 in 23 years depending on conference setup
Regular season championships without a balanced schedule. Interesting.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Nebraska, Illinois and Purdue (minus last year) are free wins. And Northwestern has either been in the B1G title or one of the worst P5 football teams the last 4 years lol.

That means generally speaking, that side of the conference has 3 piss poor teams in it. The other side is arguably just as worse as far as having bad teams, but they have all the power houses on that side. Choose PSU, OSU or Michigan and put them in the B1G West and any of them win the division every single year. The best team in the West every year gets absolutely embarrassed every single year lol.
There are rumblings the b1g will do away with divisions and choose the teams for their CCG the same way the B12 does. The current setup actually does the east winner more harm than good.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021

Purdue is usually decent and beats somebody good. They’ve got Iowa’s number and have knocked off Ohio State a couple times. Far from an auto automatic win. Penn State is on par with Wisconsin. They wouldn’t win every year. Last year they lost two games to the West.

• Haha
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
“You don’t get to claim 2020 as a regular season B12 champs”

“Flaunting about being regular season B1G Champs”
I mean, in ‘02 and ‘04 they were regular season champs because there was not a CCG. It’s recognized as much by the Big Ten. I don’t know any Iowa fan that recognizes 2015 as a regular season championship. Because it’s not recognized by the B 10.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Purdue is usually decent and beats somebody good. They’ve got Iowa’s number and have knocked off Ohio State a couple times. Far from an auto automatic win. Penn State is on par with Wisconsin. They wouldn’t win every year. Last year they lost two games to the West.
Lol no. You’re gaslighting. Purdue is not usually decent. They’ve only had 3 above .500 records since ‘07 and during the mid 2010’s had seasons with only 1 win, 3 wins, 2 wins and 3 wins.

They also haven’t beaten Ohio State “a couple of times”. Sure they beat ‘em in the game you’re remembering, 2018. Last year they lost to Ohio State by 4 TD’s. Then you’d have to go alll the way back to 2013 to find the last time they’ve played OSU and Purdue lost 56-0. Lol

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Lol no. You’re gaslighting. Purdue is not usually decent. They’ve only had 3 above .500 records since ‘07 and during the mid 2010’s had seasons with only 1 win, 3 wins, 2 wins and 3 wins.

They also haven’t beaten Ohio State “a couple of times”. Sure they beat ‘em in the game you’re remembering, 2018. Last year they lost to Ohio State by 4 TD’s. Then you’d have to go alll the way back to 2013 to find the last time they’ve played OSU and Purdue lost 56-0. Lol
Purdue plays Ohio State more than the Hoks? No way.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean, in ‘02 and ‘04 they were regular season champs because there was not a CCG. It’s recognized as much by the Big Ten. I don’t know any Iowa fan that recognizes 2015 as a regular season championship. Because it’s not recognized by the B 10.
I understand that. I’m not claiming Iowa State should be 2020 Big 12 champs nor think they are. I’m just saying it’s ironic how Iowa fans chirp about it not counting but then point to their co-championships using the exact same criteria.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021

They are 3-4 against Ohio St in the last 7. They quite literally have beaten them a couple of times. If you want to cherry pick dates that’s up to you. No they don’t play OSU every year big flaw of the B10.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They are 3-4 against Ohio St in the last 7. They quite literally have beaten them a couple of times. If you want to cherry pick dates that’s up to you. No they don’t play OSU every year big flaw of the B10.
Okay you’re using data from the late 2000’s I’m using recent data. You don’t have to prop up Purdue because they’ve owned you the last few years. They’ve literally had 3 winning seasons in the last 15 years. I could give 0 ***** about the time Purdue beat OSU in 2011.

Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Okay you’re using data from the late 2000’s I’m using recent data. You don’t have to prop up Purdue because they’ve owned you the last few years. They’ve literally had 3 winning seasons in the last 15 years. I could give 0 ***** about the time Purdue beat OSU in 2011

They beat them in 2018. The other victories in ‘09 and ‘11 are supplementary to the 2018 win.

So you go back 15 years to support your point but it’s irrelevant when talking beating OSU. Ok buddy, talk about gaslighting hahaha

• Dumb
Reactions: Ozclone and 1776