Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Depends on whether you're assuming we would have played them in week one or two. With the gift of hindsight, we weren't playing nearly as poorly as believed. Kinnick or no Kinnick, there's no way Petras would have mustered enough offense to be competitive against us early in the season.
Yeah maybe. I’m just saying Iowa doesn’t get blown out often and I can’t even tell you the last time it happened at home.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Depends on whether you're assuming we would have played them in week one or two. With the gift of hindsight, we weren't playing nearly as poorly as believed. Kinnick or no Kinnick, there's no way Petras would have mustered enough offense to be competitive against us early in the season.
"If we would've played them on ANY other Saturday..."

Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: usedcarguy

usedcarguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Well yeah they didn't have to play a 1st round game...
Is that number 8 or just a reiteration of one of the first 7? Had they played one day prior instead of two, or even ran out of gas in the second half, that argument would carry water. But it was obvious before the end of the first half that they were toast.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Is that number 8 or just a reiteration of one of the first 7? Had they played one day prior instead of two, or even ran out of gas in the second half, that argument would carry water. But it was obvious before the end of the first half that they were toast.
I don't think you followed what I was doing there...

JP4CY

Plaque + alternates = down in the ladies room
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Well yeah they didn't have to play a 1st round game...
Just glad to know another Iowa fan has the 64 team round listed as the first round.

"Play in game" definition stands with Gonzo.

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
I think it's sad for Iowa that Campbell only took 4 years to supplant Ferentz as the premier program in the state.

Guess mediocre results trumps systemic racism in Iowa City.
Whats really impressive is that he managed to do it without even winning a game against him heads up!

Help Support Us

Become a patron