Iowa Football Recruiting

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We take for granted the effort required to develop a culture around the program. CMC and KF are alike in this sense, they are looking for kids that fit their programs culture and are open to being molded and developed into it.

While the two cultures are quite different, I think KF is probably more protective of and works as hard to develop the Iowa programs culture as CMC does to develop ISU's.

Why because he's incredibly stubborn? I agree they are both system guys but CMC has definitely shown that he is willing to try new things.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
It is funny that ISU fans are making fun of a top 25 recruiting class when ISU's class isn't even top 50. Iowa took the RB/WR ISU wanted (Bruce, Brecht, and Johnson), and the OL that ISU wanted (Davidkov, Colby, Stephens), and the DL that ISU wanted (Llewellyn, Bowie, Pittman, and Liddle).

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
It is funny that ISU fans are making fun of a top 25 recruiting class when ISU's class isn't even top 50. Iowa took the RB/WR ISU wanted (Bruce, Brecht, and Johnson), and the OL that ISU wanted (Davidkov, Colby, Stephens), and the DL that ISU wanted (Llewellyn, Bowie, Pittman, and Liddle).

I think we are making fun of the recruiting class ranking system and the teams that seem to have a good class and do 'meh' with it.

Although it means we won't likely have the Recruiting Class Champions Trophy to put next to the Fiesta Bowl Trophy.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
And yet, who seems to be getting more from their recruiting classes? At this point, I'd say Campbell is getting more because he develops all the positions on the field. Ferentz seems to only develop the lines, TE, and LB's, while falling short on the skills positions. Not a bad strategy, and Ferentz definitely has proven results. Think what Iowa could do if they equally developed the skills positions like the interior positions.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Lol, who gives a schat

• Winner
Reactions: weeterkane

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol Bruce tried to get on board and we told him no

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have enjoyed the shift from this recruiting class going from top 10 to top 15 to top 20 top 25. It will be top 30 by signing day