Iowa Football Recruiting

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Dude join reality. In 3 of the last 5 previous years Iowa played a tougher schedule according to the majority of SOS metrics. Not sure why ISU fans live in this fantasy land that they are facing considerably harder schedules.

lmao! Over the last 5 years Iowa is 3-9 against AP top 25 teams. Iowa's SOS has gotten a HUGE bump by losing to good teams. Iowa has feasted on the sh!t conference teams.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So do you use the eye test or head up your ass test?

My SOS metrics are well documented on here. I use the original BCS computer polls. These same metrics would have picked the same playoff teams as what the committee picked. As with all metrics you can’t just take one, you need multiple of them, that is why the BCS computer model didn’t just rely on one of them, but rather several of them.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
lmao! Over the last 5 years Iowa is 3-9 against AP top 25 teams. Iowa's SOS has gotten a HUGE bump by losing to good teams. Iowa has feasted on the sh!t conference teams.

Not true, that is just your opinion. Before this year, Iowa had the tougher SOS when averaging the metrics in 3 of those 5 years. I’ll give you that ISU complete SOS was tougher than Iowa’s incomplete year. So in the last 6 years ISU had 3 tougher SOS and Iowa 3 tougher SOS.

It is just a fantasy of ISU fans that they somehow always play a tougher SOS fueled by cherry picked data.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Dude join reality. In 3 of the last 5 previous years Iowa played a tougher schedule according to the majority of SOS metrics. Not sure why ISU fans live in this fantasy land that they are facing considerably harder schedules.
Not sure why HOK fans continually look in their rearview mirror (i.e. look where we've been), we're looking through the windshield at the road ahead

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Someone with the IQ of a pine cone could figure out the team playing Oklahoma (2), Texas, Oklahoma State, and Oregon has a far tougher schedule than one playing Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska and the Duke's Mayo champ

I totally agree that ISU‘a full 12 game schedule was tougher than Iowa’s partial 8 game schedule this year.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Louisiana was better than Iowa so yeah I'm confident we would crush a Spencer Petras led team
Louisiana beat Georgia St by 3, Georgia Southern by 2, UAB by 4, Texas St by 10, Arkansas St by 7.

They play a crap schedule and half of their games were 1 possession games. Iowa St must have been horrendous in that first game.

• Dumb
Reactions: mikeiastat

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
After week one yes. How'd your week one go? Just like us Purdue was missing an all American pass catcher plus their coach to boot.

Do you really want to compare how Iowa and Iowa state began the season? First 3 games which is a normal non con Iowa went 1-2 losing to the only team on your schedule with a winning record while Iowa State went 2-1 splitting games v. teams that finished ahead of Iowa in every postseason poll.
Iowa had somewhat of an excuse. A new QB playing for his first time on the road with little to no practice with the team leading up to it. ISU was at home with most of their team returning from the prior year. There is no excuse for ISU to lose that game at home.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not true, that is just your opinion. Before this year, Iowa had the tougher SOS when averaging the metrics in 3 of those 5 years. I’ll give you that ISU complete SOS was tougher than Iowa’s incomplete year. So in the last 6 years ISU had 3 tougher SOS and Iowa 3 tougher SOS.

It is just a fantasy of ISU fans that they somehow always play a tougher SOS fueled by cherry picked data.

What I said is 100% accurate! Iowa has gotten a HUGE sos boost by stepping onto the field with highly ranked B1G teams and losing. The wins against teams with losing records add up pretty damn fast when you look at Iowa's schedule over the last 6 years.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Iowa fans in full ******* mode after the 2020 season. Like, we get it. It sucks for your fan base that ISU isn't a push-over, loser squad anymore. But coming over here to try and explain away ISU's success is the ultimate b**** move.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not sure why HOK fans continually look in their rearview mirror (i.e. look where we've been), we're looking through the windshield at the road ahead

Just correcting “fake news” based on cherry picked data is all. Some reasons ISU fans like to pretend that every year ISU plays some tougher schedule than Iowa when they don’t. Some people like “fake cherry picked news”, but I don’t subscribe to that.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Iowa had somewhat of an excuse. A new QB playing for his first time on the road with little to no practice with the team leading up to it. ISU was at home with most of their team returning from the prior year. There is no excuse for ISU to lose that game at home.
Iowa state had a large number of players that were in their first week of practice. Louisiana had been practicing for a month. No excuse we lost.

Road game?? Crowd must of been visious.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would say Iowa’s partial 8 games schedule was easier than ISU full 12 games schedule that included extra games in a CCG and bowl game. Not sure this is real earth shattering here.
That's not what I asked. Of course Iowa State's schedule was harder. The question is was this the easiest Iowa Hawkeye schedule in recent memory

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just correcting “fake news” based on cherry picked data is all. Some reasons ISU fans like to pretend that every year ISU plays some tougher schedule than Iowa when they don’t. Some people like “fake cherry picked news”, but I don’t subscribe to that.

Derp

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Iowa Football 2020= an "excuse" of a program for all the issues they have. Typical hawk fan always has an excuse.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron