Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Arland is the sole recruiter then??? looks good for ISU, who was the last back KKKIrk put into the league?? CMC has 2 currently with a 3rd on the way..

Shonn Greene I think is the only one.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So his commitment comes down to whether or not a HS kid can get him on board? Bold recruiting strategy Kirk

Pandemic recruiting is crazy times. Normally a kid visiting IC and then Ames, I'm all in on Iowa's chances. Middle of the winter in a pandemic year, can't have a normal visit and you are way behind recruiting a kid? Yeah as I keep saying, Iowa's not winning this one, they have a 5% or less chance.

• Disagree
  • Dumb
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Pandemic recruiting is crazy times. Normally a kid visiting IC and then Ames, I'm all in on Iowa's chances. Middle of the winter in a pandemic year, can't have a normal visit and you are way behind recruiting a kid? Yeah as I keep saying, Iowa's not winning this one, they have a 5% or less chance.
I actually think the pandemic is probably helping Iowa's recruiting. The less exposure behind the scenes the better

It hurts a program like Iowa State much more when your main pitch is culture

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: inCyteful and 1776

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I actually think the pandemic is probably helping Iowa's recruiting. The less exposure behind the scenes the better

It hurts a program like Iowa State much more when your main pitch is culture

The pandemic is hurting Iowa recruiting right now. Iowa would typically have several '22 recruits at this point. Iowa recruits few kids and puts lots of time and resources into those kids and wants them on campus a lot. Schools that spray offers all over are having a much easier time recruiting in a pandemic.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Wait, so Kirk tabs Bruce as the lead recruiter and he turns around and starts a teenage twitter fight with a Cyclone fan? I'll take "How to Lose Your Meal Plan" for $500, Alex.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
LMAO Kirk is gonna be pissed when Jade Brian shows him Arland's tweets. What a great start to this young mans career!

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
For a kid that was a lock for to go Boise, and then Iowa State and now supposedly Iowa? Biggest flips seem to happen in the SEC.

I will never forget signing day for Ole Miss back in like 2011 or 20012 maybe? They flipped so many studs out of nowhere. It was weird that several years later it came out that money was getting thrown around...