Iowa Football Recruiting

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
What a post to come back to as you write this message as an iowa fan....posting on an Iowa State fan page. God i hope you never change lol
I love that you rated this "dumb" @Brodie0, because the irony in your original post was unbelievably dumb. But I'm sure you knew that

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe Iowa will try and fall back to their much lowly ranked Moore now. Or not, knowing full well that even if they offered him he wouldn't flip

I would find it hard to believe that Iowa could flip Moore at this point. ISU has shown they will feature and use their TE's, and Iowa has waited entirely too long to offer this late, when he has been committed for months.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I don't think he stays in state but Iowa State will be a factor in his recruitment

You're way wrong here. I would say Iowa State has no chance, but Iowa will definitely be a factor. From what I've seen he has barely tweeted about ISU but retweets or tweets things about Iowa quite a bit. Guessing he grew up a fan. Will be an extremely hard pull for them though given the big name players of Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, etc

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
You're way wrong here. I would say Iowa State has no chance, but Iowa will definitely be a factor. From what I've seen he has barely tweeted about ISU but retweets or tweets things about Iowa quite a bit. Guessing he grew up a fan. Will be an extremely hard pull for them though given the big name players of Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, etc

Wiltfong from 247 just posted an article saying he grew up an LSU fan. Neither in-state school is getting this kid but he will continue to include both just because he is a good kid and has developed a relationship with both coaches.

• Informative
Reactions: SouthernCy

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Wiltfong from 247 just posted an article saying he grew up an LSU fan. Neither in-state school is getting this kid but he will continue to include both just because he is a good kid and has developed a relationship with both coaches.
Good to know. Based on how much Iowa stuff he has tweeted out I would have wagered he was an Iowa fan. Regardless, I 100% agree, no in state school is getting him. If they do that would probably wind up being a massive recruiting win

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Agreed. He needs to go to a blue blood. He would be wasting his time at either in-state school. He needs to go to LSU.

BTW, his name is pronounced "Wan-Pa" for those interested. The "N" in nigerian names can either be pronounced or not pronounced. "k" and "w" may be silent as well.

For instance, Kene Nwangwu's name is supposed to be pronouced "Wan-Gu" or "Nwan-gu"

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Nwankpa’s recruitment depends upon how hard the blue bloods go after him. If LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson makes him a priority recruit, he’s 100% gone. If they have other guys higher on their boards, Iowa has a legit shot. Iowa State does not.

What are you basing your instate info on?

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A couple Iowa connections here. Iowa took Petras over Wilson and went hard after Hall but lost the recruiting battle to CMC

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
A couple Iowa connections here. Iowa took Petras over Wilson and went hard after Hall but lost the recruiting battle to CMC

What's worse....

Losing the recruiting battle for Hall...
Or choosing the RB that couldn't break 12s in the 100m instead of Heisman Trophy contender...

Choose your L, HOKs.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
What's worse....

Losing the recruiting battle for Hall...
Or choosing the RB that couldn't break 12s in the 100m instead of Heisman Trophy contender...

Choose your L, HOKs.
Just because Klatt put him on a list doesn't make Hall a contender. Does it mean something? Yea, means Hall is DANG good and anyone who was trying to say Goodson and him were on the same level are yet again proven wrong

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron