Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Goodson is a stud, but that's 120 yards per game. Not going to happen playing in the Big Ten. With Iowa State's schedule, I'd have to think about it.
Without looking I'm guessing nobody hit 1200 since Coker. He was way better than Goodson. So was Wadley, Weisman, Canzeri, etc

• Funny
Reactions: 1776

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
At what point are some of you going to stop acting like this is, in any way, a normal season? Some squads are going to look sharper coming out of the gates than others. That's anyways true, however the mitigation methods are different from staff to staff, school to school. It's obvious the teams that decided to stay away from contact drills much as possible versus those that took the more riskier path. It sucks to see my team get beat up in week 1, but to think that's it. That it's the final product is stupid. We'll be better on Saturday. How much, I don't know, but it'll certainly be better.

Any program that relays heavily on development *cough Iowa* are more than likely going to struggle for their first game or two. You can't overstate how much losing the spring and summer sets these programs back.

• Agree
Reactions: Stewo

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just like clone fans were watching the Holiday Bowl. Well until the Hawks put the best down on the Trojans, then they didn’t want much to do with it.

I did watch the Rosebowl the year Harmon had more fumbles than carries. How did that game turn out, since you tend to live in the past?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
It's funny because Breece Hall's is basically the same as Goodson's.
This is not a perfect experiment where you can only measure it by results alone.
In perfect experiments, we would play the same teams with the same offensive line.
I would love to see Breece behind Wirf and Jackson running against the Nebraska and Northwestern Defenses.

• Funny
Reactions: 1776

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hall was an All American last year vs a top 5 schedule. Goodson was literally nothing vs a much easier schedule and better OL.

Hall had 1149 yards, 10 TDs and averaged 5.5 yards per touch

Goodson has had 804 yards, 5 TDs and averaged 5.1 yards per touch

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is not a perfect experiment where you can only measure it by results alone.
In perfect experiments, we would play the same teams with the same offensive line.
I would love to see Breece behind Wirf and Jackson running against the Nebraska and Northwestern Defenses.
Could you imagine what Hall would do in the Big Ten West? Heisman type numbers

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 1776 and cyclone4L

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Northwestern gave up less YPC than 90% of the Big12 last year. Try again, choch.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins