Iowa Football Recruiting

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
The big ten plays 9 plus a bowl.
Finger fumbled the 6. But again, he aint getting 1200 in 9. Not even close. Let alone, you actually think they will play all 9? At this moment bowls aren't happening either. So again, you're living in fairy tale land man

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Goodson is a stud, but that's 120 yards per game. Not going to happen playing in the Big Ten. With Iowa State's schedule, I'd have to think about it.
Without looking I'm guessing nobody hit 1200 since Coker. He was way better than Goodson. So was Wadley, Weisman, Canzeri, etc

• Funny
Reactions: 1776

BillBrasky4Cy

Dec 10, 2013
At what point are some of you going to stop acting like this is, in any way, a normal season? Some squads are going to look sharper coming out of the gates than others. That's anyways true, however the mitigation methods are different from staff to staff, school to school. It's obvious the teams that decided to stay away from contact drills much as possible versus those that took the more riskier path. It sucks to see my team get beat up in week 1, but to think that's it. That it's the final product is stupid. We'll be better on Saturday. How much, I don't know, but it'll certainly be better.
Any program that relays heavily on development *cough Iowa* are more than likely going to struggle for their first game or two. You can't overstate how much losing the spring and summer sets these programs back.

• Agree
Reactions: Stewo

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just like clone fans were watching the Holiday Bowl. Well until the Hawks put the best down on the Trojans, then they didn’t want much to do with it.
I did watch the Rosebowl the year Harmon had more fumbles than carries. How did that game turn out, since you tend to live in the past?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
It's funny because Breece Hall's is basically the same as Goodson's.
This is not a perfect experiment where you can only measure it by results alone.
In perfect experiments, we would play the same teams with the same offensive line.
I would love to see Breece behind Wirf and Jackson running against the Nebraska and Northwestern Defenses.

• Funny
Reactions: 1776

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hall was an All American last year vs a top 5 schedule. Goodson was literally nothing vs a much easier schedule and better OL.

Hall had 1149 yards, 10 TDs and averaged 5.5 yards per touch

Goodson has had 804 yards, 5 TDs and averaged 5.1 yards per touch